Back to TW

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I never really had a problem with TW (or I'm not smart enough to know that I do :eek:) but since most everyone here is sold on Nova, I bought the Pro version and have now tried it twice. I saw no performance difference either time . I miss the Multi Window and even My Magazine. So back to TW for me :)

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have owned both the note and the pro and to me it seems the pro runs a bit smoother than the note. I am thinking of taking the note back and getting the pro again.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I never really had a problem with TW (or I'm not smart enough to know that I do :eek:) but since most everyone here is sold on Nova, I bought the Pro version and have now tried it twice. I saw no performance difference either time . I miss the Multi Window and even My Magazine. So back to TW for me :)

I'm a newbie and barely qualified to give advice or anything, but I'm using Nova and still use multi window. If you'd like, you can assign a gesture for my magazine and still have it. Like you, TW wasn't really a problem for me, I just like Nova's screen customizations. Being able to change the number of icons, dock, etc. is nice.

Posted via GN3 Android Central App

ddavtian

May 28, 2010
Visit site
You don't lose functionality when switching to another launcher. Only thing lost is large full - screen calendar widget.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I have owned both the note and the pro and to me it seems the pro runs a bit smoother than the note. I am thinking of taking the note back and getting the pro again.

Byrds...literally returned my 8.4 pro for the 10.1 note 2014 I'm typing on. Already have regrets and may bring it back for my 8.4 back. I dislike this tablet in landscape mode as its meant like the 10.1 pro. My 8.4 was definitely snappier yet lacked the extra ram. Ugh what to do

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
It runs smoother, cause 4.4 and when Note 2014 updates to 4.4 also. Then it will be the same. :)

Skickat fr?n min GT-N7100 via Tapatalk

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm a newbie and barely qualified to give advice or anything, but I'm using Nova and still use multi window. If you'd like, you can assign a gesture for my magazine and still have it. Like you, TW wasn't really a problem for me, I just like Nova's screen customizations. Being able to change the number of icons, dock, etc. is nice.

Posted via GN3 Android Central App

You're right! I had something amiss (I thought it was just a sound issue) and a restart fixed what I thought was a shortcoming of the Nova launcher and the sound.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it will. There is no guarantee though that it is only because of kit kat. Although I really don't need the s pen so I'm cool with my tab pro. I have thought about the 12.2 though. Not to mention reviews of the 12.2 say it lags too and already has kitkat. I'm thinking it might just be a bit too big too. Either way, I think I'm happy for now. Rofl.

Last edited:

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I use Apex, not Nova, it's not for performance but for the real estate. I can get more rows and columns of icons on the screen and I can make them smaller. It seems much roomier to me.