Galaxy Note 10.1: How Often Do You Restart Your Tablet?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
...and do you think it's vital to keeping "things" running/working smoothly? I rarely if ever have to restart my Windows desktop computer because I turn it off each night. I know that a reboot can often fix problems (in the Windows world). Is it the same for Android devices? I rarely turn the tab off and even keep it on (but in sleep mode) while charging but I think I'm seeing a need to reboot the system at least once a day just to help keep "things" running smoothly.

Last edited by a moderator:

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Tablet?

I shut mine down every night, boot up in the morning. Sometimes when things seen out of whack, a midday restart helps

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site

If you are a Windows user you should have learned that shutting down does nothing but create problems.

bud52

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

I've had my Note for a month, and I've only restarted it 3 times, once was due to Samsung updates on day 1.

Ktrek

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

I reboot mine only about once a week or when it seems a little quirky. I never power down otherwise and only re-charge when it gets to 20% or less (No sense putting unnecessary strain on the batter life). I have to do the same thing with my Galaxy S4. I find it has less operating problems if I reboot it once a week.

Kevin

Ktrek

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

What is this reboot that you speak of?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

It just means to power down the Note completely (not sleep mode) and boot up fresh to clear out any apps or cache issues that might be causing the Note to behave erratically. We're not talking about reset which would mean to reset the device back to factory state.

Kevin

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

It just means to power down the Note completely (not sleep mode) and boot up fresh to clear out any apps or cache issues that might be causing the Note to behave erratically. We're not talking about reset which would mean to reset the device back to factory state.

Kevin

I was being sarcastic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4