Galaxy Note 10.1 2014: WIFI issues

Scott Stearley

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone-

So, I've had my tablet now for about 4 months and the wifi speed was awesome before; now all of a sudden the wifi completely sucks. Even sitting right next to my router.

I reset the wifi, cleared the ram, uninstalled a bunch of apps, reset the tablet, everything I could think of. But the connections still time out when trying to watch a video, or even trying to refresh tumblr. My Internet is fine. Works great for all computer and anyone else who connects to it. I have a Galaxy 3 phone, but it's always been a bit slow. I reset my modem\router, nothing changed.

What is happening? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy note 10.1 2014 ed. WIFI suddenly sucks

Change channels on your wifi/tablet.... Some channels are better than others..... Get wifi tester app so you can monitor and establish where problem may be.... Wifi is invisible... Only visual numbers (from test app) will tell you where to look...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...re/search?q=wifi+tester&c=apps&token=1YpGghiI

This is one I use, don't know if its any better than all the others, but woks for me...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&token=cWw-6tj1

Dale

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I am having connectivity issues myself. It won't stay connected. Sometimes it's worse than other times, but i haven't really narrowed down why. When I am connected to my droid dna hotspot it doesn't do the same thing. I want to get a new router anyway.

Posted via Android Central App

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I've had nothing but problems with my wifi disconnecting. There are only two wifi signals in the area. I've tried all different channels but to no avail. It just randomly disconnects. It's not a router issue because my wife is connected to the same wifi with her ipad air and it never disconnects. These tablets obviously have a wifi issue that hasn't been worked out yet.

GeekCop

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
"Obviously" implies that this is a widespread problem. I've had mine since the beginning of the year and my wife had had hers since it was originally released. Not a single Wi-Fi issue or any of these other issues people have been complaining about.

Posted via Android Central App

Ryth

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I've been stumbling with this problem myself, bought a new router as it was mostly happening at home but it hasn't gotten better. So far my only clues are that the messages are usually 'certificate expired', and that it seems to maybe have something to do with Java. It actually does seem to be quite widespread if you Google along those lines. The Java connection is a guess as my laptop connects fine, as does my smartphone, but three weeks after purchase my tablet started getting kicked. My ADSL supplier uses Java based redirects in some of its protocols and when the laptop tried connected they displayed just fine, the smartphone is to basic to grasp them but the tablet got the tech version of hiccups and has been stuck ever since. This idea was reinforced when I tried to download a Java for android option and the only thing I could get it to display linked back to my home line carrier.

Sorry for the detail but I'm beyond frustrated having to log back in every 20 mins and am desperately hoping to find common ground with any one else to make a real start.

Duna92

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I just updated my tablet to Android 4.4.2 and now it doesn't even find my Wi-Fi even though my computer and my phone find it normally.
It just shows some of my neighbors' networks and if I tether my mobile network through my phone it works. I tried to reset the router but it didn't help.

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I've been having same issue with my tablet dropping my wifi while the other 5 tablets, pc's & cell 's in the house are fine. I got my GN @ Best Buy & took it in (since I had to go there for something anyway) & the rep @ the Samsung counter did what she called a " re-flash" & it's been better since. It wasn't a reset & it didn't wipe anything from my device. Anyone who s having issues & got their GN there can give it a try, couldn't hurt!

Last edited:

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
It makes sense that it would be an address problem between the router and the tablet. It seems like samsung uses some proprietary type of licensing for the address and doesn't play well with others.

After the kitkat update its worse than ever. I'm constantly being kicked off the wifi. The tablet disconnects from the wifi and never gets a new ip address until I turn the wifi off and back on again. Definitely the tablet acting up.

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Maybe quality and accuracy of wifi access point at home is not as good as one at work.... Remember not all hardware is created equal... Things vary between brand names....

Dale

Jody Porter2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone-

So, I've had my tablet now for about 4 months and the wifi speed was awesome before; now all of a sudden the wifi completely sucks. Even sitting right next to my router.

I reset the wifi, cleared the ram, uninstalled a bunch of apps, reset the tablet, everything I could think of. But the connections still time out when trying to watch a video, or even trying to refresh tumblr. My Internet is fine. Works great for all computer and anyone else who connects to it. I have a Galaxy 3 phone, but it's always been a bit slow. I reset my modem\router, nothing changed.

What is happening? :confused:

Jody Porter2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, ive had the 10.1 2014 edition since day one and was also fine for a period of time. Then found my self with constaint stalling or freezing while watching video and bad times would drop of the network. Also other devices were fine, between my family, basically every other samsung device plus pcs. Reboots on devices and routres were temporary fixes. After having this problem for months i read this forum and downloaded wifi analyser, found everyone in my street is channel 6 so moved to empty channel, was better but problem still happened but less often. I also moved the device with analyser around my routre to see if my or other networks got stronger or weaker, this helped a lot because within 30 cm or 1 foot alot of things changed and in one spot my network got very weak and there suddenly another 10 or so networks appear. Moved same distance in other direction and most networks dissappeared and mine became the strongest by far. Looked at interference next, i use a fiber optix internet that comes with paytv and home phone package. So there is 3 devices all right next to each other behind my tv and computer. I also live in a linked or terrace home and all my devices were on that connecting wall, new people moved in recently and their internet and tv is just on the otherside of my wall. I moved just a few inches and noticd a difference. Because my routres come together you cant move them much so i went out and got 3 10m or 30 feet rj45 cables and moved my wifi routre away from everything else and perfection... i watched streaming HD video on my 10.1 for 2 hrs straight without so much of a hint of problems. No although i said before my other devices were not impacted what is actual fact is they were not Noticably impacted as wifi performance on all devices improved. So from my experience it appears the 10.1 2014 ediition is just more sensitive to wifi degregation/interference then other samsung devices.
I know we all have or think we have different issues but i hope this may help otheres to resolve their issues, all the best

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane