The Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered a white 16 gb version using my amex rewards points which are being discounted by 20% until the end of march. So i only had to pay $250 no tax, free shipping. I have had the note 8 and loved it, never a problem. But i have never read about a tablet like the 10.1 note 2014 with SOOOO many issues and problems and i fear what i'm going to face when it arrives later this week. Ive owned many tablets both android and apple and never had an issue with any, luckily. And i'm always in contact with forums relating to whichever brand tablet i've owned. But ive never seen listed so many horrific problems as people have had regarding the note 10.1 2014. Maybe this tablet brings out more whiners and complainers than other tablets. But i fear what i'm getting into with this one when it arrives. I hope i'm one of the lucky ones because i do love the spen experience. Knock on wood!

Last edited by a moderator:

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: The note 10.1 2014 sounds like a horror show

Consider ALLLL the millions of people who bought them and LOVE them, and have never had a problem. I got mine in November, and have not really had any signifigant issues. I LOVE the Note, and have found so many new ways to enjoy such a powerful device that I never would have thought of. And the S pen, which I thought would be a cute novelty, well it has become an intergral part of my daily HEAVY use of this really amazing piece of technology.

Hope you get a "good one" and enjoy learning and playing with it and finding all kinds of fun and productive things to do with it.

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

I've had no problems with mine either. I had the old 10.1 and loved it. The S pen is amazing. I much prefer writing notes than typing on a tablet keyboard and I use the pen every day. And the 2014 knocks spots off the old version. The screen is incredible, you can read the tiniest fonts with ease. Even an old codger like me! I loved it so much I bought the 12.2 too :)

Sent with love from one of my Samsungs

lbabus

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

My husband and I each got one and we are very happy. Love the S Pen and everything I can do with it.

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

If you think its a horror show, you are only listening to maybe 5% of the market that is having a problem.... Same as APPLE products that people are to proud to admit that APPLE has similar problems....... The other 95% of us are loving it, using it daily, and enjoying it have no reason to comment because it does what is expected from it.... 10's of thousands of silent, happy owners can't all be wrong.....

Dale

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Yes, I realize most pf the chronic OCD complainers check into the forums to voice their grievances. But there must have been batches of the tab that did have issues, such as the lag problem that seems to be the biggest defect (based on the complainers).Yet, even one of the big-time, very credible youtube reviewers who I think is very pro Samsung mentioned lag with the unit he was testing, so….. I'm just hoping i'm not in that five percent but part of the happy thousands. I really liked my note 8 which my wife has now taken over. I'll update after I get it.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Forums are here for people to ask for help so seeing problems here is pretty common.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)

mustbepbs

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Yes, I realize most pf the chronic OCD complainers check into the forums to voice their grievances. But there must have been batches of the tab that did have issues, such as the lag problem that seems to be the biggest defect (based on the complainers).Yet, even one of the big-time, very credible youtube reviewers who I think is very pro Samsung mentioned lag with the unit he was testing, so?.. I'm just hoping i'm not in that five percent but part of the happy thousands. I really liked my note 8 which my wife has now taken over. I'll update after I get it.

Was it a launch unit, before the updates?

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Download the free app Nova Launcher. You shouldn't experience any lag after you install it. I don't

Posted via Android Central App

ddavtian

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Yes, I realize most pf the chronic OCD complainers check into the forums to voice their grievances. But there must have been batches of the tab that did have issues, such as the lag problem that seems to be the biggest defect (based on the complainers).Yet, even one of the big-time, very credible youtube reviewers who I think is very pro Samsung mentioned lag with the unit he was testing, so?.. I'm just hoping i'm not in that five percent but part of the happy thousands. I really liked my note 8 which my wife has now taken over. I'll update after I get it.

I was one of few who got it on October first. Yes, sometimes it lagged. My main problem was indexsearch running all the time because I had a bad document on SD card. I fixed that problem, then Samsung sent 2 or 3 small OTA updates that made tablet faster. I don't think it was a batch, it was the early software version. And you can always root, freeze unnecessary apps or put a ROM from this board. No lag, no problem.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

I have Nova Launcher installed and yes, it still lags. Even disabled several applications.

Sent via my Note 8

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

I agree its current too many issues with the Note 2014 and best is wait until 4.4 release and see if it fixes the issues. The problem on Note 2014 are also on Note 3 and Note 8. Mine friend at work watched a video I recorded about screen shaking and he told me that he has same problem on his Note 8 LTE version.
Just read at xda forum and u will see same issues are on all these 3 devices. I dont know what to think, since its first time I read same issues across 3 devices and just hopes it can be fixed by software updates.

Also Im disspointed at Samsung, all 3 devices has been released for months and only Note 3 had released updates to fix multitouch issue. But its total silent about Note 8 and Note 2014.
Im not that kind of person that looking to find issues on devices and care less about, if its not disturbing and obvious. But this is first time I get annoyed by a device and cant just look away.

Mine Note SM-P605 issues found:
- Screen shaking.
- Multitouch/touch issues.
- Black screen after waking from sleep. (1 time)
- Touch stopped to respond waking from sleep. (1 time - happened day after black screen)
- Home button "stucked" sometime. (bad quality control)

If I didnt bought mine from Ebay, I would return it and wait until all issues resolved befoe decide to buy or not. But got myself to blame, I did read about all these issues as xda before I bought it. Thought its just a bad batch and so wrong I had.

petestl

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

I bought four Note 10.1 (2014) tablets for work and they all work fine, no problems. I also have a Note 3 (VZW) and have had no issues with it either. We also have bluetooth keyboards for the tablets and have had no issues either. It took a little bit of researching and reading the forums here to get them tweaked with the settings and working optimally (and ourselves accustomed to them). We've had good luck with Samsung products to date.
I do think reading the forums may skew someone's view because people may be less likely to post saying "everything's working great and I have no issues". Lots of people come here to solve their problems.

Cheers

mustbepbs

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

I bought four Note 10.1 (2014) tablets for work and they all work fine, no problems. I also have a Note 3 (VZW) and have had no issues with it either. We also have bluetooth keyboards for the tablets and have had no issues either. It took a little bit of researching and reading the forums here to get them tweaked with the settings and working optimally (and ourselves accustomed to them). We've had good luck with Samsung products to date.
I do think reading the forums may skew someone's view because people may be less likely to post saying "everything's working great and I have no issues". Lots of people come here to solve their problems.

Cheers

Too right. And people love to complain. You can see the poster above you saying how awful it is because something happened one time. Oh well. And the shaking "issue" only happens when you want it to.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

I just ordered a white 16 gb version using my amex rewards points which are being discounted by 20% until the end of march. So i only had to pay $250 no tax, free shipping. I have had the note 8 and loved it, never a problem. But i have never read about a tablet like the 10.1 note 2014 with SOOOO many issues and problems and i fear what i'm going to face when it arrives later this week. Ive owned many tablets both android and apple and never had an issue with any, luckily. And i'm always in contact with forums relating to whichever brand tablet i've owned. But ive never seen listed so many horrific problems as people have had regarding the note 10.1 2014. Maybe this tablet brings out more whiners and complainers than other tablets. But i fear what i'm getting into with this one when it arrives. I hope i'm one of the lucky ones because i do love the spen experience. Knock on wood!

I think the nexus 7 has it beat in the complaint department.

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

Too right. And people love to complain. You can see the poster above you saying how awful it is because something happened one time. Oh well. And the shaking "issue" only happens when you want it to.

All these awful that happened only 1 time, have results in forever black screen for others and all the issues I brought up.
If u care to read the last part I wrote, that I did read about all these issues peoples having in XDA and that means Im not alone to have all the issues I brought up.

Issues are meant to be brought up, so the the companys can look into it and release solutions to fix the issues. If peopels like you just igonre it and just accept the way its. There will never be any fixes.

Russell Estridge

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

I think this tablet brings more whiner's. I love this tablet. And yes every device has its ups and downs and there's always room for improvement.

Posted via Android Central App

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

My new black 16 gb note 2014 arrived late this afternoon, all my stuff downloaded and updated instantly, the screen is great, so i'll see how it does. It came with a 50 percent charge. I have it in a very nice fintie case from amzn, very similar to the poetic case from amzn that's now on my wife's note 8.0 (formerly mine.) For a smaller size tab i have an lg gpad, and even smaller an apple ipod touch current generation that i rarely use, but comes in handy for certain things.

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I have the Note 3 and Note 10.1 (2014). I don't have problems with either of them. I installed the Nova Launcher shortly after I got each of the tablets because I wanted a launcher that works in landscape mode. I have no regrets on either purchase. Don't listen to the haters. Just enjoy your new tablet!

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

I have a Note 3, 8, 10.1-2012 & 10.1-2014. The 10.1-2014 is running Nova and it does lag. It lags for many of us. Why not acknowledged this and move on. I gave the 10.1-2012 (no lag, no alterations, no Nova) to a family member and continue to use the 10.1-2014. The tablet has its issues as evidenced by the number of comments.

Via my Note 3