Last straw

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok I'm getting sick of this tablet. I never had this many problems with my old note 10.1. I thought my wifi issues were just my phone being stupid. It turns out it's this stupid tablet. It's constantly dropping wifi. Every time I try to use Skype or the Internet it just drops the wifi, then reconnects over and over. I can't have a single conversation on Skype. What is the deal with this thing? Is it software or hardware? I'm ready to send it back and get something else. I know contacting samsung won't do any good. Any ideas?

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I've tried a lot of different things to figure out what is wrong. I thought maybe it was the case, but that didn't seem to make any difference. It seems to cut out randomly. The only consistent thing I was able to do to get it to cut out was increase bandwidth. It's fine until I try to watch a movie, use Skype, watch YouTube or anything that uses a lot of bandwidth.

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site
The problem is either with your device or your routers. If other devices are connecting and holding the connection to your router it is your device. Either return the device to the store you purchased from and get a new or or use your warranty. What you are experiencing is a defect and not a universal problem.

Russell Estridge

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
The problem is either with your device or your routers. If other devices are connecting and holding the connection to your router it is your device. Either return the device to the store you purchased from and get a new or or use your warranty. What you are experiencing is a defect and not a universal problem.

I agree

Make sure to watch the sunset at least once a day B-)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Or you might just have a 'bad orange' (was gonna say apple, but don't want to start a fire). I'm having no issues with mine, and I use YouTube in HD all the time, stream from Netflix without issues, and although not every day, I have had Skype calls with crisp video for a few minutes at a time without any problems.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had periodic WiFi connectivity issues. I reset my router to factory settings and recycled the power and the problems went away.

mustbepbs

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Or you might just have a 'bad orange' (was gonna say apple, but don't want to start a fire). I'm having no issues with mine, and I use YouTube in HD all the time, stream from Netflix without issues, and although not every day, I have had Skype calls with crisp video for a few minutes at a time without any problems.

I believe the term you're looking for is "lemon".

Ktrek

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I agree with Tab Guy. I think this is a router issue and not a tablet issue. I've seen this and similar problems resolved when a new router was installed. And I don't care how many other devices you seem to not have trouble with on your router because changing the router out has always resolved connection issues. I had connectivity issues with a router that would allow several devices but one device would not work correctly. I tried everything and then someone suggested replacing the router and lo and behold my problems were gone. It just didn't make sense to me that I could get one device to work fine and another not but I have not had trouble ever since. What do you have to lose? A trip to Best Buy or Sam's and spend a $100 to find out and if the problem remains you can always return the router. And don't go cheap on your router either. You'll regret it if you do.

Kevin

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Tab Guy. I think this is a router issue and not a tablet issue. I've seen this and similar problems resolved when a new router was installed. And I don't care how many other devices you seem to not have trouble with on your router because changing the router out has always resolved connection issues. I had connectivity issues with a router that would allow several devices but one device would not work correctly. I tried everything and then someone suggested replacing the router and lo and behold my problems were gone. It just didn't make sense to me that I could get one device to work fine and another not but I have not had trouble ever since. What do you have to lose? A trip to Best Buy or Sam's and spend a $100 to find out and if the problem remains you can always return the router. And don't go cheap on your router either. You'll regret it if you do.

Kevin

Side note: Some of us are stuck with the router supplied by our cable company. I have Verizon FIOS and since the DVRs require the features in the Actiontec router I can't replace it. However, in my case, I went to Fry's and picked up a $29 router and plugged it into the Actiontec router. Gave it a new SSID and voila! problems gone. I had to do this to get Chromecast to connect to my network but this solution will work for enhancement to a router that can't be replaced.

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Just a side note.... I have router provided by DLS provider and chose not to change it for their more expensive wifi unit (their product choice has limitations) and added a AP (Access Point), which gives me 4 more wired ports, wifi and a USB port (LAN access to my 1TB USB drive).... Enjoy the same speed though tablet and wifi as with wired ports and PC's on LAN... Only limits is DLS providers speed limits...

Dale

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
It's not my router. But I can possibly agree with it being a compatibility issue between the router and the tablet. I don't know what the difference would be but there is definitely a difference. I downloaded a wifi diagnostic app to see the wifi signals in the area and there are no conflicting signals. The wifi in using is running on channel 6. I'll see if switching to other channels might help. It just seems odd that none of my other devices, including my old 10.1 have any connection problems.

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I AM DONE WITH THIS POS TABLET. THE WIFI ONLY WORKS HALF OF THE TIME AND WHEN IT DOES THE TABLET GETS SO HOT IT CONSTANTLY CRASHES. POS JUNK SAMSUNG. my wife had never had a single problem with her ipad air. DO NOT BUY THIS TABLET. IT IS ABSOLUTE JUNK. ....

tomlh

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I AM DONE WITH THIS POS TABLET. THE WIFI ONLY WORKS HALF OF THE TIME AND WHEN IT DOES THE TABLET GETS SO HOT IT CONSTANTLY CRASHES. POS JUNK SAMSUNG. my wife had never had a single problem with her ipad air. DO NOT BUY THIS TABLET. IT IS ABSOLUTE JUNK. ....

I don't think that the tablet is junk, mine is fine everywhere I travel (and that's a lot) Try a new tablet (replacement) it sounds like you have an orange,lemon apple.

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I never had overheating problems or crashing problems until kit Kat. I have always had wifi problems with this huge piece of garbage. There are no contradictions in my post.