Galaxy Note 10.1: Connecting to television

lbabus

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Looking at best way to stream from note to tv. Am considering chromecast or new Roku. I know roku offers more channels but are there other factors to consider or things i should know? Would appreciate any guidance you can can give me. Thanks. .

Last edited by a moderator:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Connecting to television

Looking at best way to stream from note to tv. Am considering chromecast or new Roku. I know roku offers more channels but are there other factors to consider or things i should know? Would appreciate any guidance you can can give me. Thanks. .

Are you looking to display content that is directly located on the device? Or do you want to per say view Youtube videos on your TV? Is the TV a smart TV?

lbabus

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

The television is not a smart tv. It does have an HDMI connection and I have been able to connect my laptop and watch a movie on the "big" screen. I would use it mostly for Netflix, Google play movies, maybe Samsung movies, television, etc.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

The television is not a smart tv. It does have an HDMI connection and I have been able to connect my laptop and watch a movie on the "big" screen. I would use it mostly for Netflix, Google play movies, maybe Samsung movies, television, etc.

Then streaming over a wireless connection is going to be a little bit harder. Chromecast is a good option, but you can also try connecting the tablet to the TV via an MHL adapter.

Russell Estridge

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

Then streaming over a wireless connection is going to be a little bit harder. Chromecast is a good option, but you can also try connecting the tablet to the TV via an MHL adapter.

+1 this was gonna be my next suggestion

Posted via Android Central App

Grimgrak

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

I have a MHL adapter and when I plug it in the screen doesn't automatically display on the external monitor. How do I turn it on like right click desktop on a pc?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

I have a MHL adapter and when I plug it in the screen doesn't automatically display on the external monitor. How do I turn it on like right click desktop on a pc?

Make sure you are displaying the port you connected the cable to.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

lbabus

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

Why would HML be better than chromecast? Cost? Ease of use? Tried a friend's chromecast yesterday and was able to easily use Google Play movie. Want to be sure I am not missing out on any features. Thanks.

Grimgrak

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

How do I configure this? Since the input to my monitor is hdmi I can only assume you mean making an adjustment on the tablet itself?
Make sure you are displaying the port you connected the cable to.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

Skeeter686

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
The MHL adapter I picked up from Amazon "works," but it displays at a low resolution. It looks horrible on the TV. No idea why it doesn't display at 1080 resolution. It's like I'm playing a tape from a VCR.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

How do I configure this? Since the input to my monitor is hdmi I can only assume you mean making an adjustment on the tablet itself?

If you are connected to say "HDMI 1" on your TV/Monitor, make sure the TV/Monitor is displaying "HDMI 1." Isn't there a button to change that on the display (not the tablet)?

Grimgrak

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

Yes there is but that doesn't make sense since when I plug my hdmi cable into my laptop it displays on the monitor, when i unplug the laptop and plug the cable into the mhl connector to the tablet it should also display without any changes to the hdmi port on the monitor since the port going into the monitor has not changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20