Note 10.1 2014 - how to seperate photos with videos in gallery

Ess 069

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I find it so annoying how when i go to my photos gallary it has mixed everything up, photos, videos other pictures and i really dont like this, so is there a way or a diffrent app that will keep your files organised and seperate? as i have played round witht he settings etc and see no option

whoever designed this how could they be so stupid? its always the little things that make a big diffrence in a tablet

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
One option that I use is to create folders within the gallery.

I have individual folders for pictures and videos. You can create as many folders as you like and as you take a photo or a video you'd just select it and drag and drop it into the folder you desire.

This way videos and photos are organized by event, topic, date, method captured or any designation you desire.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
One option that I use is to create folders within the gallery.

I have individual folders for pictures and videos. You can create as many folders as you like and as you take a photo or a video you'd just select it and drag and drop it into the folder you desire.

This way videos and photos are organized by event, topic, date, method captured or any designation you desire.

This would be my solution also.... It comes from way back in the dim times for early PC use.... Actually before pc's when we had file cabinets and paper files in offices....

Dale

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I do this as well and I'm sure the OP has already thought of that. I'm guessing he was hoping for a more civilized solution (LIKE ME!) It's pure laziness and inconsiderate for a company like Samsung and an expensive device like our GN/2014 to put no thought into a decent, and at least semi automatic, filing structure. Yeah, that's a sore spot with me :mad:

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I do this as well and I'm sure the OP has already thought of that. I'm guessing he was hoping for a more civilized solution (LIKE ME!) It's pure laziness and inconsiderate for a company like Samsung and an expensive device like our GN/2014 to put no thought into a decent, and at least semi automatic, filing structure. Yeah, that's a sore spot with me :mad:

Hmm. :(

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. :(

I apologize if that sounded a little snippy. This is such a great tablet but it's little things like this that would go a long way towards customer satisfaction if they just went to the effort to do it right. How hard could it have been?

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Now only organizeing but I can't even delete the bad pictures can any one tell me that
thanks

If your "Gallery" is linked to the "cloud" the picture are there (in the cloud) and will keep coming back to haunt you (fought that fight already) and you need to remove pictures and videos from cloud first (after turning off sync) and then you can delete from tablet.... Thank GOOGLE and CLOUD computing and maybe PICASA and not Samsung...

Also you should be able to delete any picture through file manage if you can not remove pictures via application...

As to file structures supporting application, its not always "Samsung" put a little blame on application developer, and since developer has no idea what your personal idea of what files system you desire and how "custom" you want your application to run give them a little slack as it probably goes back to "if you want it done right, do it yourself" concept.... After all most of the apps are supplied so when you turn on table, there is something you can set started with and not just be a total blank screen.... Most the apps I consider "throw aways" anyway that some company paid Samsung to put in product...

Dale

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
You must break the synk/link between GOOGLE Picasa and your tablet.... I hate Picasa because of the way it wants you to host all your pictures in the cloud and so on.... Not a real big fan of clouds anyway.... But until I killed the pic in cloud the deleted pics on tablet kept coming back on tablet.... The clue here is if the Picasa trademark is in thumbnail pic on tablet...

Dale

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty