Block OTA updates on Note 10.1 (2014 edition)???

Batman8888

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'd just like to know the name of the file that I can freeze in Titanium Backup that will prevent OTA updates on my Note 10.1 (2014 edition). I found it on my Note 2 and 3 but can't find it on the 10.1. It must have a different name on this device. Please help!

Thanks.

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Are you rooted?

If I've helped at all hit the thanks button! B-)
Since he using TIB to freeze it, so sure his device is rooted then. :)
Dont know which one of them, but freeze all 3: FWUpgrade, Softwareupdate x2 (dont know what its called in eng, since mine is in Swedish lang) (its a green icon with small arrow)
But there are no need to freeze them, just uncheck do not check for update and also it wont update yours device until you click yes to update it.

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Not on this device man, this one is the only one that's different due to Knox.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
KNOX have nothing to do with OTA updates and its custom recovery that cause OTA updates fails. If using stock recovery/stock firmware and it will let you update, but root will be lost.

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I beg to differ, stock recovery and a custom ROM or root with Knox being tripped will not allow ota

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Oki, let me ask u one question. If flash back stock firmware, which as same as unroot and will OTA updates work? KNOX will remain as tripped iwth flagged 0x1.

Russell Estridge

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Oki, let me ask u one question. If flash back stock firmware, which as same as unroot and will OTA updates work? KNOX will remain as tripped iwth flagged 0x1.

Yes, but you wouldn't be rooted anymore either so that's my point. With root on this device, you won't get ota. I'm done arguing. Good day sir.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes, but you wouldn't be rooted anymore either so that's my point. With root on this device, you won't get ota. I'm done arguing. Good day sir.

Im done with this argument with you too, since u dont seems to understand that KNOX have nothing to do with OTA updates. I have KNOX and rooted mine Note 2, still can recieve OTA updates and install it. But will lose root after update. No need to explain it here, u can always ask the peoples at xda and reason why it works.

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Im done with this argument with you too, since u dont seems to understand that KNOX have nothing to do with OTA updates. I have KNOX and rooted mine Note 2, still can recieve OTA updates and install it. But will lose root after update. No need to explain it here, u can always ask the peoples at xda and reason why it works.

If you read the post more carefully he clearly states "every device since the note 3" is 'knoxified' you're talking about the note 2, making your argument invalid.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Russell Estridge

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
People, let's move on please. Just agree to disagree. This forum isn't doing anything positive for the community. Let this be the last of it.