So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

aaka3207

May 14, 2013
Visit site
It only came out in October. Yet it's gotten no actual firmware updates, or any of the new features that come with the new pro tablets. Wow.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't expect it to get all the new features found in the pro line, they're supposed to have a few unique software enhancements to help justify their price.

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't expect it to get all the new features found in the pro line, they're supposed to have a few unique software enhancements to help justify their price.

Posted via Android Central App

Yep. They'll probably add a few features, but keep some out.

Gbuch

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
But the pro line isn't more expensive (considering size differences) than the Note 10.1 2014 was originally (though now we can find the Note 10.1 2014 for less than its original price).

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
In the beginning, we all thought that our tablet was unofficially the first of the PRO tablets and just without the PRO name... we thought there would be a quick upgrade to 4.4, the new Magazine UX and then our tablet would be on equal footing with the rest of the new family. That hasn't happened yet and though I have no doubt we will get 4.4. I don't think we will get all the features such as access to Hancom. Hard to keep track of all their variants... it's an endless flow !
Take a look at what was just spotted...
Samsung’s new 10.5-inch AMOLED tablet benchmarked, 8.4-inch and 7-inch versions ousted
Amoled screen on a tablet is drool worthy... no mention of an S-Pen though so this is probably the new Tab line.

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
This tablet had at least 2 firmware updates after it was launched. There hasn't been any in quite some time though.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
There have been 3 total. One going to mk1, and now two more in the last week

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Russell, I've had auto updates turned off since I read KK was coming our way and the issues with the external SD card. My build number ends in MK1 and unless the updates of the last week have been pushed to my tablet without asking permission to do so, it hasn't been updated. Which two updates have been released? Will the build number be different and what, if anything, newsworthy did it change? I just checked for updates and none were found.
Thanks,
Monica

Russell Estridge

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
The latest build is still 4.3 and as others and myself have reported its the smoothest ROM yet. Fixes multi touch issues. So if you do upgrade your SD will still work.

Russell Estridge

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Also, the new builds I speak of haven't hit the US yet. I flashed them from Taiwan and Japan. All good since their the same model.

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
This is gonna be hard for a lot of people to hear...

However, How do you expect any company to make money.. If they just upgrade everything they make, to be exactly like the new thing they just made....

If i release a PRO Version of the tablet, and then immediately UPGRADE the regular tablet to be the latest software with all the features of the PRO... why would i expect people to buy the pro..

Now yes, it was build with ANDROID... So we expect, like phones, that they will be upgraded... but in the end... The Tablet is a COMPUTER.. Last i checked, Acer or HP do not upgrade every single computer, laptop or desktop they have ever released, to be just like the new product they just released.... They will wait... more then just October to now... to upgrade a device until they have REACHED Value on the new device

Gbuch

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

However, How do you expect any company to make money.. If they just upgrade everything they make, to be exactly like the new thing they just made....

If i release a PRO Version of the tablet, and then immediately UPGRADE the regular tablet to be the latest software with all the features of the PRO... why would i expect people to buy the pro..

Now yes, it was build with ANDROID... So we expect, like phones, that they will be upgraded... but in the end... The Tablet is a COMPUTER.. Last i checked, Acer or HP do not upgrade every single computer, laptop or desktop they have ever released, to be just like the new product they just released.... They will wait... more then just October to now... to upgrade a device until they have REACHED Value on the new device

You're mistaking hardware with software. No one is asking the hardware manufacturer Samsung to change the Exynos 5 processor for an Exynos 6. But they do expect software producer Samsung to update its firmware. Just like Microsoft sends Windows/Office users weekly/monthy patches/updates, your router gets firmware updates, and nowadays even cameras and TVs get free firmware updates periodically.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

I understand what you're saying. And, it almost makes sense. But the Note 10.1 (2014) is still being sold right there in Best Buy next to the Pro models. That being the case, who would buy a Note 10.1 with 4.3 when the one right next to it has 4.4?

Actually, the answer to that question is me. I bought a Note 10.1 which was sitting there next to the Tab Pro. Why? It's a better machine.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Not being able to move apps to the sd card

Well, I don't know that I'd call that a bug. That was an intentional "feature" adopted by Google in an earlier Android version. There were good reasons for it, whether I always agreed or not. As I understand it, there will still be some limitations.

Russell Estridge

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Well, I don't know that I'd call that a bug. That was an intentional "feature" adopted by Google in an earlier Android version. There were good reasons for it, whether I always agreed or not. As I understand it, there will still be some limitations.

Who called it a bug?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800