Import PDF into S-Note loses letters

Chris Dawnkaski

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
In the course of my normal day, I go to a lot of meetings where Power Point decks are reviewed. I like to get a copy of the deck on my PC and send it to myself with the "Send as PDF" functionality directly in Power Point 2010.

Lately (in the last month or so), when I import the PDF into S-Note it drops letters. For example, the work "Competitive" always becomes "Competive". It drops all lower case g's.

When I go directly to the folder where the PDF is stored and look at it in Adobe, for example, it is fine. Something gets lost in the translation while S-Note imports it.

Has anyone else seen this? Any solutions?

Emily Boda

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem. When I import pdfs it always ruins words. Often times letters will be missing, with a space left where the letter should be, or the letters will be jumbled. Very consistently all of my minus signs go missing, very inconvenient when I'm solving a math problem and I think the question is "4 x 2" and it's actually "-4 x 2". If anyone can solve this, let me know!

Lemminks

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem as well with PDF files of uni lectures. It is consistently the same letters as well (lower case g, national becomes naional, sometimes the missing letters make it incomprehensible).
I tried testing it out with the Lecture Notes App with the PDF viewer and the PDFs work just fine on that.
File size isn't a problem either since i have several PDFs which are bigger in size than the PDFs that don't work and they come out just fine.
Could it be to do with the font? If so is it possible to change the font on a PDF? I'm not really sure what individual aspects of the PDF you can change to make it work though