Long USB Cable?

superjoe95

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know where to order a longer USB cable that will still charge the device properly? I'm worried if I buy just any ol' USB cable that it won't work properly. Thanks!

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I bought one at walmart. It's about a foot longer than the oem one. It came with a charger that supplies 1.5 amps and seems to work fine while plugged into the Samsung charger.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the OEM charging cable connected to a THREE foot indoor extension cord (found it at Lowes). Is this OK to use? This seems to be a polarizing debate.

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Quality and wire gauge in cable construction is of issue here.... Small cable with tiny wire gauge has to much internal resistance and drops voltage going to tablet, and you get the red "X"....... Larger gauge wire has less internal resistance there for less voltage drop there for no red "X" in charge indicator...

Also with chargers.... Samsung tablet charger puts out 5.1 volts at 2.1 amps (2100ma) anything less is not big enough to supply correct voltage and amperage to succeed in decent charge times.... Specification are there for reason, and its all about design criteria, you want to play mix and match with underrated parts, you pay consequences...

All I can suggest is you try extension cable, if you do not get red "X" when powered up tablet with charge cable connected you are probably good to go....

I have a heavy duty 3 foot extension (off web camera or something that died in past) on my note 10.1 for about 3 months now and everything is ok.... Actual cable diameter of extension is larger than Samsung supplied cord (if it matters)...

Dale

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21