Galaxy Note 10.1: black or white?

laurenforyou

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
black or white galaxy tablet?
I recently got a white tablet and Im starting to have doubts. The back is the faux leather backing. I realized if I take this around without a case, (accessories for the tab pro are not many...) eventually the back will start getting yellow? anyone's thoughts or experiences on this? Will the back start turning yellow or dirty for the white version? Ive liked white phones and tablets but if it is going to get dirty, I would return it and get black for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: black or white?

I would definitely choose the black one, not only for cosmetic reasons but also because on the white tablet you can notice the thin black line around the perimeter of the screen between screen and white bezel. With the black tablet you don't notice it because it blends in with the color of the bezel.

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: black or white?

How about the back? Im not too worried about anything else except for the back getting dirty or changing color

It's molded plastic which means you can wipe it clean... don't see why it would discolor with normal use and regular care. If ever it does change color after a few years, just put on a case. For the price you're paying though, you are tempting the devil by not protecting it from the get-go with a decent case. I have the black and I love it :)

rchapman80

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the white and I don't notice the black around the screen before the bezel. Maybe because I'm so impressed with the screen. I didn't buy the original note because I thought the screen was garbage and the plastic was flimsy.

As for cases... check out the Moko cases on amazon.com. I purchased the ultra slim in Navy and I love it. Fits like a glove and nice quality for the price. I paid $18 for mine.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

laurenforyou

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Its not the appearance im worried about. More about the technical aspects such as will dirt axcumulate on the sides of the tablet or will the backing change colors

anon(8627824)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
By mistake, I ordered the white tablet with the black Samsung cover. I realized the mistake before the two items arrived and I fully interned on returning one... but, I really like the black/white combo. You get a hint of the white around the camera lens in the back, but then when you open it there is the nice bright white trim.

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Dirt accumulation is a house keeping issue, not a product issue ... Paper towels damped with Windex does wonderful things... I suppose you never clean you PC screen and keyboard too....

Dale

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
This is a total non-issue. It's purely preference. The white plastic isn't going to yellow. Use a mixture of 50/50 water/alcohol, lightly mist on a soft cloth to clean front and back. Both colors are going to get as dirty or stay as clean as the other. Just get what you want. I wanted white :) I have a Poetic white case on mine. Yesterday I used a damp paper towel to clean it.

KiwiGrrl

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Insults and playing grammar police ... definite way to ensure you get timely and relevant answers to all future questions! LOL.

I've had white since basically launch. No yellowing and dirt washes right off if I happen to leave it outside of it's cover.

... sent from the road

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've got 3 notes - 10.1, 10.1 2014, & 12.2 - and they're all white. They're all clean because I keep them in cases. The cases are filthy though.

Sent with love from one of my Samsungs

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a White note 3 and while myself thought of returning it for the Black eventually decided against it since i didn't feel like installing all the apps again nor putting my log in info over again. I do have the Black note 10.1 2014 edition though and generally i like the look and feel of both