Firefox main menu icon missing

rketek4TB

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded Firefox and synced from my pc. Now I cannot access the menu icon. Every search I do claims it is the 3-dots or dashes near the top but not on mine.
Others have said to use our center home button or the menu button on the left.
Still no such luck.
Any solutions as even Mozzila did not respond back.

Gbuch

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Did it work before syncing? I haven't synced, but I don't have the 3 dashes button (sandwich menu), but the "hardware" menu button next to the home button works

PS: the menu does not appear if you have the "open new tab" section showing

rketek4TB

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Did it as soon as I downloaded the app.
Button on left opens up the list at the lower right.
Tried hitting all buttons and all conditions.
frustrated

Gbuch

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Could you tell me what exactly you're trying to do? Even Firefox for Windows doesn't have File/Edit/... menus.
Perhaps if you tell me what function you're looking for, I can try and help you find it

rketek4TB

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Firefox on my PC W7 has ;
File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Tools, Help.

What I want to do on my tablet now that I have FF on it is;
I wanted to clear history from the top sites page and all the answers say go to main menu an clear history, but I cannot find the main menu.
History tab to clear it.
Tools for Options
Print, Preferences

This is what FF on Android tablet should look like;
2013-12-20-11-31-35-fd2ff6.png
Thanks for reaching out and helping.

Gbuch

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I didn't realize there was an option to show that. On my computer the menu bar was hidden (looks like the first image in the link):
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/display-firefox-button-menu-instead-menu-toolbar

As for clearing history on android, that menu that appears with the button to the left of the home button works. Just select "Settings" (the last option), then go to "Privacy", and select "Clear private data". Then select whatever items you want to erase,in your case, the first line, "Browsing & download history".
I hope this works

rketek4TB

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info, as you can see I was referring to my Note 10.1-2014 not the desktop PC version of FF that the article shows.
Samsung has not been very helpfull and I have several logs in FF forums to. Wish they were more descriptive.
Thankx.

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Firefox on PC has a tool bar, and you are wanting to open a file "drop down"... Like the PC versions have...

Firefox mobile does not have tool bars like PC version ( at least I have not been ablet ot find or create any)......

Once Firefox is activated and running, press key (box) on left side of "Main Menu" key and look at menu it open up... This is as close as it gets to having a tool bar as Firefox PC version has....This app (mobile version) is so small and runs in such a confined space it is not as feature rich as PC version....

Best you may be able to do is open "tools" and go to "Add-ons" and search for addition the will give you features you desire.... I'm not sure if what you want is there, I looked at a lot of pages of "extensions" and did not see a lot of meaningful ones...

Dale

Last edited:

Gbuch

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
If what he wants is just to erase the history, the instructions on my last post solve that in the Android version

rketek4TB

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
FF menu tab.jpgff menu.png
Thanks to all who are trying.

The issue is that firefox has in their forums comments that it should be there to address the issue of Print, preferences, tools, options. I just cannot get anybody to specifically tell me how to get it. They all say to use the dedicated left menu on the note 10.1-2014. Well when I do that all I get is the right hand side pop-up menu that does not give the items.

I do know that I can clear history the way Gbuch describes.

Will have to offer reward on the FF forum for YouTube on it.
I have seen other title bars like the one I previously attached.

Szeb

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
@ rketek4TB
Many thanks for starting this thread!

I`ve got the same problem - for the life of me I cannot find this button (meaning: it is just not there, where it is supposed to be according to the screenshot). But it`s THE BUTTON for the main settings, for Chrissake.

Has anybody ever seen these three dashes or is this some kind of yeti-thing?

I am also using the G5 Note 10.1 2014Ed , by the way.

Graham Harris

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I lost access to the Firefox menu on my Note 10.1 2014 too. I tried everything, and much googling, because I was also being hit by the bug where password sync doesn't work if you set a master password- so I wanted to turn off teh master password.

Anyway "Clear Data" solved both problems. From the Settiings app, General tab, Application Manager; Firefox. There's a Clear Data button. It doesn't delete firefox but it did remove the master password (or at least password sync started working, after e few minutes for the Note to re-sync with my legacy sync account.

And the menu is now coming up from my hardware menu button, yay!

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering about this, because of issues with sync too.
Clearing data makes the left side key work once, but as soon as bookmarks and extensions are loaded it fails to work again.

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Well.... Used FF for quite a while... When over to Chrome for a few months and tried coming back to FF, its pretty much trash.... Locks up, can not get to menu, can't select items from screen when in forums, screen refresh is hosed.... Its totally screwed for me....

IF Chrome would fix the FLASH issue and get good spell check, I would never go back to FF and I have been a FF user/fan/supporter since days it was Netscape on PC....

Dale