putting films onto micro sd card!!!

dibbs66

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how I can transfer dvd films from disc to micro sd card on my main pc, so that I can watch them on my tablet?

Varun P

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Simple Copy Paste should work just fine provided your PC has an SD card slot...it seems so simple, i think you may have some other problem. Be more detailed! :D

Tomcat31b

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
First you would need to convert the dvd films to a smaller size suitable for the tablet. Amiersoft DVD ripper is one example, but most of the ones out they all do the same thing.

Aimersoft DVD Ripper: Best DVD Converter to Rip DVD Movies | OFFICIAL

Once you have ripped them to a manageble size then either transfer (copy /cut & paste) them to the sd card using the usb lead connected to the tablet or use an SD card reader.

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
First you would need to convert the dvd films to a smaller size suitable for the tablet. Amiersoft DVD ripper is one example, but most of the ones out they all do the same thing.

Aimersoft DVD Ripper: Best DVD Converter to Rip DVD Movies | OFFICIAL

Once you have ripped them to a manageble size then either transfer (copy /cut & paste) them to the sd card using the usb lead connected to the tablet or use an SD card reader.

and make sure your SD card is formatted exFAT so your tablet can read it....

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Did your tablet get KitKat yet? I'm not sure what format type your card will need after it does. With USB OTG, it has to be FAT32, I think. (I had to format the card in December, to use with my Nexus 5).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

MarrowK

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
With usb otg you can also use exFat format, even with the kitkat update, its even better because you dont have the 4Gb file size limit. Also you can transfer the video files and play them without conversion, I have played 6Gb iso movies, 12 Gb mkv video with dts sound, and multiple audio tracks, I have yet to find a video format I cant play in this tablet smoothly, so far the only thing that doesnt work is 4k video which plays very choppy and is to be expected.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
What is OTG? I keep seeing this. Only thing I can think of is "on the go" <lol> I have one of these. Is this what you guys are talking about?
600x600_1.jpg

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Also, the Meenova micro SD card reader. That plugs right into the micro USB and no cables or wires to worry about.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Tomcat31b

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
What's the part number for one of them. It would save me using several sd cards for my films

Posted via Android Central App

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Web shopping search for "OTG Cables".... They are everywhere from $1.59 with free shipping to about $7.50 each... Does not have to be "Samsung" branded cable...

Dale

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
With usb otg you can also use exFat format, even with the kitkat update, its even better because you dont have the 4Gb file size limit. Also you can transfer the video files and play them without conversion, I have played 6Gb iso movies, 12 Gb mkv video with dts sound, and multiple audio tracks, I have yet to find a video format I cant play in this tablet smoothly, so far the only thing that doesnt work is 4k video which plays very choppy and is to be expected.

Hmm, maybe it's only the Meenova which requires FAT32? I remember others posting they had no problems with exFat while my set up wouldn't handle the card until it was formatted as fat32.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

Kathy Shaw

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Firs of all, you need backup DVD to tablet compatible format, for example h.264 mp4. And make sure the copied movie is under 4GB because most tablets only recognize sd card that is FAT32 formatted, it has limits on single file size.

sko580

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I used Handbrake for the the conversion. Within the software you can adjust the quality of the conversion based on the type of device you will be using. I tend convert video of medium/high quality so that it is suitable for viewing on a tablet or TV. I also convert to a MPEG4 (mp4) format which compatible to Android, iOS/Mac, and Windows.

With the Note 10.1, I plug to the computer and drag n' drop the file to the tablet's micro SD card. I found MX player a nice app to watch the videos. It will remember where you left off on the video in the event you have to stop watching and want to resume watching the video at a later time.