4.4.2 for 10.1 (Wifi) in UK?

Tomcat31b

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I haven' t yet but I'm waiting for the UK release rather than using the Colombia or US release.

Posted via Android Central App

DestinyAngel

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
My Sony Xperia phone keeps telling me 4.4.2 is available but after various bugs reported in it I am holding off for now. I think that is why I am keen to try it on my wifi note 10.1. For some unfathomable reason I don't feel as concerned about testing it on the tablet. Weird!

Lorepie

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Curious whether anyone on here is from UK and has got 4.4.2 on their wifi only version yet?

Hi there, I have it. I have only just purchased the 10.1 2014, and it automatically did several updates when first using it. So it is running on Kit Kat. I can't compare to what it was before, because like I said, these updates occurred automatically. I have just downloaded an awesome camera app called Google camera, which works only kit kat apparently, and it's amazing.

I noticed that since the first update the notification bar has changed - it is smaller, but expandable.

I am still learning about the tablet and using it, having just sold my iPad, and I have to say - note 10.1 2014 edition is awesome.

I haven't noticed any downsides of it at all, but unfortunately, I cannot compare the android versions.

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi there, I have it. I have only just purchased the 10.1 2014, and it automatically did several updates when first using it. So it is running on Kit Kat. I can't compare to what it was before, because like I said, these updates occurred automatically. I have just downloaded an awesome camera app called Google camera, which works only kit kat apparently, and it's amazing.

I noticed that since the first update the notification bar has changed - it is smaller, but expandable.

I am still learning about the tablet and using it, having just sold my iPad, and I have to say - note 10.1 2014 edition is awesome.

I haven't noticed any downsides of it at all, but unfortunately, I cannot compare the android versions.

Wow... you may actually be the first person outside of the USA and Colombia to report receiving an OTA KitKat update !!
Curious to know where you bought it from and if you are running a USA rom. Would you be able to post a screenshot of your About Device page ?

gems4i

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I woke up yesterday to a new install. Kit Kat is noticeably faster at the home page. So far I have had no problems and it is fast and smooth.

I am located in Barbados, West Indies but I did purchased from Amazon USA.

Lorepie

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Wow... you may actually be the first person outside of the USA and Colombia to report receiving an OTA KitKat update !!
Curious to know where you bought it from and if you are running a USA rom. Would you be able to post a screenshot of your About Device page ?

To be honest, I was unaware of the fact that my device IS actually an American one. I purchased on Amazon.co.uk. When it arrived I was a bit shocked that it didn't have a 3 pin plug, but the seller included an adapter aswell. I don't know what a USA rom is - please explain?
I don't how how to do a screenshot yet either, lol, if you tell me how I can do it and post it for you

Tomcat31b

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
If you didn't get a 3 pin plug then I would have thought that the Note didn't orginate from the UK market. My wife bought a Samsung camera recent from amazon.co.uk but the camera actually came from a seller in France and like you an 3 pin adapter was included seperatly in the box.

To screenshot you should be able to swipe with the side of you palm from right to left. Some device will also screenshopt if you press the home and lock buttons at the same time.

Dr Law

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, I was unaware of the fact that my device IS actually an American one. I purchased on Amazon.co.uk. When it arrived I was a bit shocked that it didn't have a 3 pin plug, but the seller included an adapter aswell. I don't know what a USA rom is - please explain?
I don't how how to do a screenshot yet either, lol, if you tell me how I can do it and post it for you

I'm also in the UK, so interested in this.
To do a screen shot, press the button on pen then place the nib on the screen, and hold until you hear the camera shutter. Click save at top rhs to return to the live screen. You'll find the resultant pic in the gallery under screen shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2