Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE Edition - Verizon 4.4.2 Update

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to share with you all something that pleasantly surprised me. I received the 4.4.2 update on my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE tablet. Never expected an update so soon or nearly in parallel with the Wifi edition updates. Folks in the US would agree that Verizon is not known to lead in Android S/W updates. So updating this tablet in parallel with the Wifi updates rolling out is very very surprising.
I am loving it!!

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
VZW is slow but through. I was shocked to see they released an update so quick.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. Hopefully it is a trailer of things to come though I wouldn't hold my breath :)

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk

I wouldn't either. This makes me wanting to buy the note 10.1 VZW one a little easier. That was my biggest concern.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't either. This makes me wanting to buy the note 10.1 VZW one a little easier. That was my biggest concern.

If that was your biggest concern then you needn't worry. I would definitely recommend the tablet. One thing is for sure. The stylus is really good. I have even owned and tried out the stylus's on the Microsoft Surface Pro 2 and the Dell venue 8 pro. The stylus on the note tablet is far ahead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

jimcapraro

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
LOL I have been a VZW customer for a very long time, and several times in the past was extremely frustrated at the slowness of android os upgrades. This past Sunday I went to the Verizon store and purchased the Note 10.1 2014 Edition. When I arrived home I connected it into the charger and was about to start "personalizing" it when a notice for the Kit Kat 4.4.2 upgrade appeared on the screen. I proceeded with the upgrade and can honestly say I've never used Jelly Bean.

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If that was your biggest concern then you needn't worry. I would definitely recommend the tablet. One thing is for sure. The stylus is really good. I have even owned and tried out the stylus's on the Microsoft Surface Pro 2 and the Dell venue 8 pro. The stylus on the note tablet is far ahead.

How's the battery life? Isn't the snapdragon processor better on battery?

I need to upgrade my Xoom. But battery life is a big factor for me. I can be on a plane for up to 10 hours bit I don't expect it to last that long. If I can get 7+ watching movies, I'll be happy.

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
How's the battery life? Isn't the snapdragon processor better on battery?

I need to upgrade my Xoom. But battery life is a big factor for me. I can be on a plane for up to 10 hours bit I don't expect it to last that long. If I can get 7+ watching movies, I'll be happy.

Battery life is not an issue. It easily exceeds 7 hours in my experience. With WiFi and LTE disabled as I am assuming you would have on the plane it should last even longer.
Hope this helps.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I will probably pick one up since my Xoom is reaching its limits for me. I want to be able to do much more but the Xoom is slowwwwww. Not BSD for just movies but tempting into another computer is what I use a lot now

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer