Advanced KtKat setting... how do I get to it

den1959

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello all, My KitKat upgrade down loaded a couple of weeks ago. I like it so far, there been a few things I don't. One being I have to have the GPS on all the time, which is a battery killer. But I have read some were you can go into the advanceed setting mode for KitKat. And set it so you can use only the wifi like my Android version, before KitKat uploaded. How do I do this? I have Samsung note 10.1 2014 tablet.

I also can no longer screen capture using my pen. Yeah some were the DMR protected shots. Any thoughts on a screen capture software that will allow screen capture of DMR protected video. I am not interested in capturing the whole video though. SOme are video game shots.... yeah to help me figure out how to advance...

Thanks all

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, My KitKat upgrade down loaded a couple of weeks ago. I like it so far, there been a few things I don't. One being I have to have the GPS on all the time, which is a battery killer. But I have read some were you can go into the advanceed setting mode for KitKat. And set it so you can use only the wifi like my Android version, before KitKat uploaded. How do I do this? I have Samsung note 10.1 2014 tablet.

I also can no longer screen capture using my pen. Yeah some were the DMR protected shots. Any thoughts on a screen capture software that will allow screen capture of DMR protected video. I am not interested in capturing the whole video though. SOme are video game shots.... yeah to help me figure out how to advance...

Thanks all

The GPS should be under location in settings. Change it from High accuracy to battery saving.

den1959

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. But when I turn off Location which is now the GPS button, my location will not be shared with my different programs, like local news, local weather etc... SO I was looking to get to the advanced setting...