Movies wont play on Galaxy 10.1 2014

jjkes

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a galaxy 10.1 2014 edition tablet with a 64 gb samsung sd card. I am unable to format movies to play on this tablet. I have tried multiple video converters with different movies and always get the same error when trying to play.. "sorry unable to play this video.
Most of the movies I have are x264 (720p) I have tried the following
1- just move the file to the sd card.. No didn't work.
2- Convert movie to Mp4... no didn't work
3 Convert movie to avi... no didn't work..
Can some one recommend a convertor that will take the movies convert them then let me copy to SD card to play.
Very frustrating.
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks in advance!!.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a galaxy 10.1 2014 edition tablet with a 64 gb samsung sd card. I am unable to format movies to play on this tablet. I have tried multiple video converters with different movies and always get the same error when trying to play.. "sorry unable to play this video.
Most of the movies I have are x264 (720p) I have tried the following
1- just move the file to the sd card.. No didn't work.
2- Convert movie to Mp4... no didn't work
3 Convert movie to avi... no didn't work..
Can some one recommend a convertor that will take the movies convert them then let me copy to SD card to play.
Very frustrating.
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks in advance!!.

What format are they to begin with? Every movie I've ever tried to play on this tablet has worked with MX Player Pro

jjkes

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Looks like it didnt like the 64gb sd card. Found an old 32gb I had kicking around, formatted it to fat32 copied over the movies and they all work. I could have swore the specs stated I could use up to a 64gb card. I even bought the samsung class 10 card. Oh well at least I figured it out.
Thanks all for your input.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
It DOES say you can use a 64GB card. I just bought a Samsung (Class 10) 64GB card but haven't opened it yet. If it doesn't work on my tablet, maybe it will work in my S5.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I have several 64gb micro sd cards and they all work fine on my note. Depending what I need to put on them, I format them either fat32 or xfat. My samsung (not so) smart tv can't read the xfat format, but the note can. I use that when I need to store a large video, that fat32 had a size max of 4gb.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
It DOES say you can use a 64GB card. I just bought a Samsung (Class 10) 64GB card but haven't opened it yet. If it doesn't work on my tablet, maybe it will work in my S5.

How do you like the S5? I only have my S4 less than a year, but still love it, and don't get an update for another year

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I love it! If you'd asked me that a week ago, I would have just shrugged my shoulders and said the jury is still out. But that was because I was so overwhelmed with it all. The more I use it and customize the settings, the more I like it :) But like this awesome tablet (I am in the GN/2014 forum aren't I? Sometimes I'm not sure <lol>) it has so much more than I'll ever use. Having had the tablet since Dec, I was able to have a "slight" heads up on the S5 but at the same time, I have to stop and think "now did I see that on my Note or my S5?" :p
I'm glad you're back :)

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I love it! If you'd asked me that a week ago, I would have just shrugged my shoulders and said the jury is still out. But that was because I was so overwhelmed with it all. The more I use it and customize the settings, the more I like it :) But like this awesome tablet (I am in the GN/2014 forum aren't I? Sometimes I'm not sure <lol>) it has so much more than I'll ever use. Having had the tablet since Dec, I was able to have a "slight" heads up on the S5 but at the same time, I have to stop and think "now did I see that on my Note or my S5?" :p
I'm glad you're back :)

Monica, :), you can feel free to pm me at any time, just sayin'

I hear ya on never really using all the features of any given device.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Monica, :), you can feel free to pm me at any time, just sayin'

I hear ya on never really using all the features of any given device.

I'll just take you up on that :)
Oh I used to be an uber whiz bang on all things gadgety. But about 5 years ago I started losing brain cells as fast as they could hightail it outta here! Old age and I aren't the best of friends :(

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I'll just take you up on that :)
Oh I used to be an uber whiz bang on all things gadgety. But about 5 years ago I started losing brain cells as fast as they could hightail it outta here! Old age and I aren't the best of friends :(

How old,are ya? You make it sound like you are 90 hehe which I highly doubt. I feel very old lately and I'm 63

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair