Any accidental coverage for refurbished tablet?

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I was planning on purchasing a warranty from square trade but they informed me that only certain used items receive accidental coverage. I really want a warranty that includes accidental coverage just from my bad experience of dropping electronics. Any suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you asked Square Trade how fully refurbished items are covered? I wonder if they consider refurbished as better than just plain used, since refurbished implies that the manufacturer did a full inspection and testing of the device before selling it again.

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
They said that they cover anything within the tablet that fails, like mechanical issues that aren't accidental. I'm guessing that would be good to have. I was doing the purchase thru the squaretrade website and even linked the eBay ID to the protection plan. And I went thru live chat to find out what was covered and was told that only certain used items would be covered by accidental damage. I did receive a 90 day manufacturer warranty from Samsung for 90 days. I'm just kind of wondering what to do at this point via protection since quickship electronics doesn't offer warranty plans minus the manufacturer plan or squaretrade.

jumphour

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I was planning on purchasing a warranty from square trade but they informed me that only certain used items receive accidental coverage. I really want a warranty that includes accidental coverage just from my bad experience of dropping electronics. Any suggestions?

Not sure if you found a solution yet or not, but I just saw your post. I bought a refurb on Woot a couple months ago, got the SquareTrade warranty that they advertised on there, then realized that there's no accidental damage and handling coverage on refurbs (or stolen/lost) with SquareTrade. So I got a refund from them (they did it really fast, no questions asked) and found Extended Electronic Warranty | Protection Plans | Electronics Insurance | Securranty . I paid $80.99 for a 3 year warranty, WITH ADH, using coupon code SEC10 (which gives you 10% off). You can also pay less for less years, but for the same price as a SquareTrade 2 year for refurbs with no ADH coverage, I went for the 3 years.

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
That's a really great deal. That's exactly the type of warranty I'm looking for. Thanks so much for sharing! :)

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Looks like damage only from what I can tell. Yes? No?

From what I've seen of alternative plans they're cheaper for sure but don't cover enough for my peace of mind.

At this point I'm going to stick with Asurion.

Notes from Deb's Note 3

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463