SD card Error

polar135

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I keep get this error.

5yvysy8e.jpg

SD Card works fine in other tablets, so any suggestions on how to fix it would be great.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Tomcat31b

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Is the card fully inserted until you hear a click? I had issues inserting my sd card as you have to push it in quite far until it "locks" into place so much that I had to use a pen to push it all the way. I only ask as if it isn't fully inserted the contact between device and card may be lost as the tablet is moved and hence the error.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Good advice. If the microSD slot is loose, you could also be unexpectedly jarring the card loose with normal activity. Do other microSD cards give you the same problem? If so, then it's the slot that's the problem.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have had a similar problem on my Note 3 which I haven't rectified yet as I haven't bothered to order a new card.
Just wondered if you get a fizzy noise or feel as you insert the card, as if there is a tiny strand of copper wire folded inside.
I started losing battery performance and kept getting a notification that 'sd card unexpectedly removed', quickly followed by 'Preparing sd card'.
It forced me to do a 1st factory / master reset and I have left the card out for 2 weeks now and getting great battery life. I put it back in straight after the reset but it recurred.
However the card data (ripped music, photos, docs, apps) is all intact via my pc. Then I tried a spare 2gb card on the Note 3 temporarily and it worked with no notifications.
Anyway, still curious about that fizzy noise and feel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae