What is the Total RAM of Note 10.1 LTE 2014 After Updated to Kitkat 4.4.2?

chrisviewpad

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Can somebody please post an screenshot of the TOTAL RAM (using CPU-Z app) for SM-P605 after updating to KitKat. Thanks!
Please see screenshot for sample.
TEMP_CPUZ.JPG

NOTE: In JellyBean 4.3, I noticed the TOTAL RAM registered in CPU-Z for SM-P605 is only 2410MB (2.41GB). This device is supposedly to have 3GB RAM.

chrisviewpad

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
It has 3 gb of ram..... The app is reading it wrong. You can't lose RAM

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

You can try it yourself using CPU-Z and any other apps out there.
All will report the same effects. It will not register the full 1GB / 2GB / 3GB (specs on paper).
Please try it on your android phones/tablets and see for yourself.
I tested on my LG E988 (Optimus G Pro) with 2GB RAM on specs, but CPU-Z only reported Total RAM is 1750MB (when JellyBean 4.1.2) and when I upgraded to KitKat 4.4.2 the Total RAM went up to 1890MB.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
You can try it yourself using CPU-Z and any other apps out there.
All will report the same effects. It will not register the full 1GB / 2GB / 3GB (specs on paper).
Please try it on your android phones/tablets and see for yourself.
I tested on my LG E988 (Optimus G Pro) with 2GB RAM on specs, but CPU-Z only reported Total RAM is 1750MB (when JellyBean 4.1.2) and when I upgraded to KitKat 4.4.2 the Total RAM went up to 1890MB.
Other apps says otherwise..

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
The rest "missing" RAM is reserved for system. ex TW and others preloaded system apps are prelodaded in the RAM. How much is reserved depends on OEMs differents stock ROMs. So u will never have full of devices RAM to use.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The rest "missing" RAM is reserved for system. ex TW and others preloaded system apps are prelodaded in the RAM. How much is reserved depends on OEMs differents stock ROMs. So u will never have full of devices RAM to use.

Still wouldn't take a whole gig ... even for Touchwiz lol

chrisviewpad

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Exactly. But to take 600MB out of 3GB is quite a big slice for the SM-P605. Hopefully, with KitKat update, this missing RAM is reduced considerably.

chrisviewpad

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Best if someone with SM-P605 updated to KitKat (so far only HK and Nordics) please do attach a screenshot (of the Total RAM using CPU-Z) so that everybody can see. Thanks!

castanocj869

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I mean.,. I didn't read far enough down to see if somebody already said this but .....clearly as a tech person passing on these forums I hope you understand that part of the RAM has to be taken away by the current operating system whether it's TouchWiz, sense, bleh or blah.. ....any skin the manufacturer decides to put on it takes away from the products actual RAM, because obviously an operating system needs part of the RAM to work as well. The manufacturers cannot fake what they say on paper or marketing or else millions of people would sue worldwide. Clearly.

Posted via Android Central App

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Still wouldn't take a whole gig ... even for Touchwiz lol
Where did it say whole 1GB after update to kitkat?

one gibibyte 1 GiB = 230 B = 1,073,741,824 B
one gigabyte 1 GB = 109 B = 1,000,000,000 B

3GB = 2,79 GiB

All devices that say 3GB = 2720 MB

500-600MB is normal with TW and always has been. Thats why everyone are saying TW is heavyloaded with bloatswares. Samsung have taking that criticism from peoples and reduced all bloatswares with Galaxy S5 and new devices.
With Note 2014 Samsung havent install all the "bloats" and let everyone to decide to install it or not. ex: story album, KNOX etc... are not yet installed on Note 2014.
If u enables all the "bloats" on Note 2014 and 500-1GB is just normal.

Just go and search for RAM available after TouchWiz loads all its services.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae