This, Note 8.0, or the original Note 10.1?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm honestly wondering here, no joke. Partially cause of budget. I have a Note 2 and I love it, so a tablet along those lines would be ideal too. 80% of what I would use this tablet for would be web-browsing/Youtube/Netflix/HBO/Cinemax/etc. The rest would be dabbling in gaming. Now, I can find refurbished or good quality used of the 8.0 and original 10.1 for about 200 or less, and I know of at least one still relatively new but good quality 2014 10.1 for about 300. Since I'd be using Bill Me Later which gives me 6 months anyway, should I just bite the bullet and get the 2014 one, or what?

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm honestly wondering here, no joke. Partially cause of budget. I have a Note 2 and I love it, so a tablet along those lines would be ideal too. 80% of what I would use this tablet for would be web-browsing/Youtube/Netflix/HBO/Cinemax/etc. The rest would be dabbling in gaming. Now, I can find refurbished or good quality used of the 8.0 and original 10.1 for about 200 or less, and I know of at least one still relatively new but good quality 2014 10.1 for about 300. Since I'd be using Bill Me Later which gives me 6 months anyway, should I just bite the bullet and get the 2014 one, or what?
The strength of this tablet is productivity largely due to the S Pen. If you mainly want a consumption tablet then definitely go for the new Samsung Tab S. Gorgeous AMOLED screen with the same resolution as our tablet. You won't regret it.

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I saw the new tab line at Best Buy. The screen is beautiful, it didn't lag while I was using it, and the prices are reasonable.

Sent from the yummy gum drop GN3..

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Well, what about the 2014 10.1 then? I mean, I can get a good quality one from one viable rated person on swappa for 310. Thats pretty much as high as I wanna go, given that I still have to get a memory card and the like to go with it. And to be honest, 310 is PUSHING it for me. I dont need great, but good/very good would suit me fine.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, what about the 2014 10.1 then? I mean, I can get a good quality one from one viable rated person on swappa for 310. Thats pretty much as high as I wanna go, given that I still have to get a memory card and the like to go with it. And to be honest, 310 is PUSHING it for me. I dont need great, but good/very good would suit me fine.
The note 10.1 2014 edition is good.... But have you seen the tab 4? If you ate living in the states Costco is selling it in next month's coupon for $40 off I believe making it below $300 if I remember. Tab 4 has decent specs for the price and looks decent

clietreo

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I love my 10.1 2014 note. It's just a great tablet. Having said that, if it's not in your budget, there are other options. As mentioned, the 8.4 tab pro is nice and you can find deals. Also, If I were you, I'd look on Amazon and get a used 10.1 2014 or a used tab pro either the 10.1 or the 8.4.

nrthwds

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Check out Groupon.com. They always have refurbished Samsung tablets for sale and the prices are pretty good. 90 day warranty. Do a search for samsung tablet when you go to the groupon.com site. You can always buy a warranty from Square trade for it.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I love my 10.1 2014 note. It's just a great tablet. Having said that, if it's not in your budget, there are other options. As mentioned, the 8.4 tab pro is nice and you can find deals. Also, If I were you, I'd look on Amazon and get a used 10.1 2014 or a used tab pro either the 10.1 or the 8.4.
The tab 4 will be around $289 at Costco soon so I think that's the best option imo

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm still looking. Im just trying to decide though which of my other 3 choices would I go with if I cant get the 2014, ie the Note 8, the original Note 10.1, or the LG G Pad 8.3.

iso99

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Based on your usage and budget factors, a brand new 2014ed might be an overkill. I find the original note10.1 sluggish. Go for note8. The classic S tabs have bad resolution imho.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Based on your usage and budget factors, a brand new 2014ed might be an overkill. I find the original note10.1 sluggish. Go for note8. The classic S tabs have bad resolution imho.

Bad Resolution? Have you seen them in person? For $300 price point and lower it does the job decently and check the reviews for the Tab 4 10.1 on Youtube. For the price your paying for it the Tab 4 has a decent screen and specs good enough for Web browsing, Netflix, some games, Book reading/Magazines.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
That's pretty much what I want my Note 8/original 10.1 for. Web,Netflix/HBO/etc, books/comics, and probably running emulators. I have a Note 2, and if the picture on the original 10.1 is as good or so, then I think I'll be fine. I just want some confirmation is all.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty much what I want my Note 8/original 10.1 for. Web,Netflix/HBO/etc, books/comics, and probably running emulators. I have a Note 2, and if the picture on the original 10.1 is as good or so, then I think I'll be fine. I just want some confirmation is all.
If I remember the specs of the og note 10.1 your better off getting the tab 4 at a lower price unless you want the s-pen