Audio Quality Issue for Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition

vlas

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
This has happened several times, where the quality of the sound on my note 10.1 drops. I don't really know how to explain it but normally the audio is good (for a tablet), it has enough bass and all that stuff. but sometimes i'll play a song and it'll sound terrible, it's not youtube or the quality of the video it's my speakers. everything from apps to netflix sounds like an iPod playing music without the headphones connected if that makes sense. anyway, it's always fixed when i restart my device, but im just curious as to why this is happening in the first place? i've checked all my settings and i cant figure out what's causing this random drop in quality. sorry for not being able to describe the sound well, it's really hard to explain. that ipod comparison was the best i could come up with lol. anyway anyone else have this problem?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
It's happened to me a few times too and a reboot solves the problem (till next time). The sound is tinny and the "S's" hiss. I don't know what to do. Could probably send it into Square Trade but that might be more trouble than the problem currently is. I know it started AFTER the KK update. I never got around to doing a FR :( That might just fix it for good.

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
The audio isn't great on these tablets. I didn't enjoy watching movies because of this issue.. I finally gave up and bought a beats Bluetooth speaker..

Posted via Android Central App

scooter6061

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I use Poweramp. When I started, I encountered the same problem you are describing.
I discovered in the Equalizer and Tone settings there is an on/off button called "Limiter". When this is engaged, it limits the quality of the audio (particularly the bass). I assume this is to protect the speakers.
Check your software for something similar, it may be the reason your sound quality is fluctuating.