Closing Chrome Tabs

warn joe

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
How do you close ALL Chrome tabs @ one time?
Thanks

Well, I would say that can be done just by closing the chrome try going to the task manager and end the chrome down in this way you can stop the chrome as well as the multiple tabs running over the chrome.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Well long pressing on the menu key takes me to search but long pressing on the home key allows me to close all my open apps (which I knew) but that's not what I needed. When I open Chrome again, ALL of my tabs are still there. Surely there is a way to close all those tabs I no longer need. I have 30 open tabs. You can close them all at once in the default browser. Do I have to X out of each tab individually?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well long pressing on the menu key takes me to search but long pressing on the home key allows me to close all my open apps (which I knew) but that's not what I needed. When I open Chrome again, ALL of my tabs are still there. Surely there is a way to close all those tabs I no longer need. I have 30 open tabs. You can close them all at once in the default browser. Do I have to X out of each tab individually?

Open up Chrome. Next to the address bar should be 2 overlaid squares with a number. Click on that, and that should show you all your tabs. Swipe aside to close them.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

MarkHansen

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't see those. I have, in this order: left arrow, right arrow, refresh and then the address field, which contains a favorites star and voice search icons on the right-hand side. No overlaid squares anywhere that I can see. Can you perhaps post a screenshot?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that's in the default browser and that's what I used to close all the tabs in that browser. But now I can't even find it in the default browser :eek: What's going on?!

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
We're ALL wrong <lol> I finally broke down and Googled it. Found the answer right here on AC. The tablet version of Chrome doesn't have what Golfdriver was talking about, but I knew I'd seen it. I thought on the default browser of our tablet. It's not. It's in the phone version of Chrome on my S5. There is NO way to close all the tabs with one tap on our tablet. You have to close them all one by one. That's crazy! I guess on the default browser too.
chrome.jpg

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
On my P-600 with Chrome, there is no way to close all tabs at one time... Am I missing something here?

Dale

Last edited:

georojas

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
If you click on the tabs icon it will bring up all your tabs, once they open hit the 3 vertical dots at the top right hand corner and select close all tabs.

QuickMemo _2014-07-24-13-28-41_resized.jpg QuickMemo _2014-07-24-13-28-57_resized.jpg

MarkHansen

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
This is the forum for the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition. You appear to be looking at a smart phone?
The Chrome running on my Note 10.1 2014 does not have those icons.

bmcelvan

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Just to make sure...on your tablet there is no way to access the tabs screen? You have to be able to navigate between tabs...how do you do that? On that screen...somewhere if you are using chrome there will be a close all tabs option. It might not be those three dots, it might be a different menu ot long click but its google software so its in there somewhere

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Just to make sure...on your tablet there is no way to access the tabs screen? You have to be able to navigate between tabs...how do you do that? On that screen...somewhere if you are using chrome there will be a close all tabs option. It might not be those three dots, it might be a different menu ot long click but its google software so its in there somewhere
According to what I've read, there is no way to close (remove) all tabs at once on an Android tablet. Chrome's PHONE interface DOES have it. If you're so sure that there is a close all option on our tablet, would you please find it and post it here? I would be forever grateful :D

To navigate between tabs, simple use your finger to slide the tabs either direction till you see what you want and then tap that tab.

bmcelvan

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I don't have the tablet...my Dad does. I thought he was using chrome but now I think he's using firefox...sorry. But can close all tabs in that program. Can't believe googles blunder