Email app auto correct...how to stop? ??

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The email app makes dumb auto corrections and it's driving me nuts. Is there a way to turn it off? I can't seem to find it.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
It is more likely to be a Keyboard setting. Go to Settings>Controls>Language and Input>Samsung keyboard and then the cog wheel .

That is as far as I can help........I use Swiftkey as my keyboard

astrohip

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
You can also learn to spell.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app
Wow, that's a particularly unhelpful reply. I'm a new user, and a relatively new member of this forum. I read every post daily, gleaning new tips on my tablet. The amount of knowledge I'm gaining is amazing, and the desire of people to help is phenomenal. And much appreciated by myself, even though I mostly lurk.

But ya' know, sometimes auto-correct takes a properly spelled word and "auto-corrects" it to something one didn't intend. And some devices & apps are worse offenders than others. And the replies the OP has received will help him solve this problem.

Well... all the replies but yours. Wouldn't it have been easier just to not reply, than to offer one so useless?

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Wow, that's a particularly unhelpful reply. I'm a new user, and a relatively new member of this forum. I read every post daily, gleaning new tips on my tablet. The amount of knowledge I'm gaining is amazing, and the desire of people to help is phenomenal. And much appreciated by myself, even though I mostly lurk.

But ya' know, sometimes auto-correct takes a properly spelled word and "auto-corrects" it to something one didn't intend. And some devices & apps are worse offenders than others. And the replies the OP has received will help him solve this problem.

Well... all the replies but yours. Wouldn't it have been easier just to not reply, than to offer one so useless?

No, it is not useless. I am saying that if the person became a better speller (assuming the auto correct if fully functioning) the person would not have had the issue in the first place. I strive to give the most valuable and important information possible in my replies, and I felt that it had to be mentioned. I would feel selfish if I kept all of my vast amount of knowledge and intelligence to myself.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app