OTG cable that supports charging at the same time

popengchan

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys :) can any one suggest an OTG cable that can support charging of the android device at the same time? I looked through Amazon and seems like there are hit and misses, not a perfect one as to what I'm looking for.

Example, I see cables that has 3 ports, 2.0 otg cable to attach to the device, female micro usb 2.0, female 2.0 usb (for attachment of the external device). Sometimes I see the female micro usb is for charging the EXTERNAL device and not the android device (external power for hdd) itself. Sometimes, I see that it only works for usb flash drives and not hard drives. The female micro usb 2.0 never supports a charging of the android device itself.

Anyone uses an exact cable that I am referring to? Like connecting a full 2TB hard drive to an android phone/tablet to watch movies and charge at the same time?

Thanks for all the help guys :) appreciate it.

Posted via Android Central App

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
You may have to kludge up a proper cable assembly or add a USB hub...

Slide over to: xda-developers.com and search "OTG"... Seems the concepts have been explored to great extent there...

Also the format of hard drive will directly effect if tablet can read data or not....Seems in my mind tablet will not read FAT32 drives (but maybe I have wrong format) ...

Some months ago I was looking into this and seem to remember cable might be available, check e-bay(?)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...Phone_PDA_Cables_Adapters&hash=item4d1bd48b8b

This may be something similar to what you want

Dale

Attachments

• OTG31.jpg
    OTG31.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited: