Lock screen disappears quickly

lbabus

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
When I start up the tablet or wake it up the lock screen comes on but disappears very quickly. I then have to hit the home button again and swipe very quickly. Everything else works fine. Husband has exact same tablet but this doesn't happen on his. . Any ideas on what is causing this?

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my tablet last week and this was happening to me.
I also noticed that one corner of the backlighting was dim.
When I opened the case and reseated the display cable and turned it back on the issue had gone away.

I don't know if this simple solution is what fixed my tablet, but it is worth a try.

lbabus

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
The only time that this happens is with the lock screen. Otherwise it works beautifully. I think it must be a setting issue and not a hardware problem.

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I understand.
I'm just relating that it happened to me when I dropped my tablet and no amount of changing screen timeout or other tinkering seemed to fix it.
Restarting the tablet did not cure it.
I was fully prepared to have to deal with a very short delay when I put my Note back together, but it hasn't done it since.

One thing I found is that if you switch orientation (portrait to landscape or vice versa) the lock screen seems to stay for a few moments more.
Long enough to swipe and unlock.