Is the S Galaxy Note tab 10.1 2014 a good tablet?

ViniciusBr

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Ho guys,

I am about to buy my first tablet and the 2014 Edition looks like a great tablet for me.

Do you think its worth to buy it? I really want to have a tablet with the S Pen.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes! It's a wonderful tablet with tons of features and even more available if you you root it. I have found the use of the S-pen has exceeded any thoughts I had initially and infact is has become an indispensable part of my daily use. This tablet had totally eliminated my use/need for a laptop.

Being this tablet is a year old, I'm sure there are great buys to be found, making it pretty affordable too.

Like any device, it's not perfect and you'll find your own little pet grievances about it. My biggest one is the placement of the charging port, on the bottom of the landscape side, which makes it harder to use in the case/stand when charging.

My favorite part has to be the S-pen. I can receive, sign and return pdf docs and forms in a breeze. The office type apps available are great as well as tons of other great apps with full access to the Google Play store.

This is my third tablet and by far the best ever.

Go for it! My only small regret is not going for the 32gb one. I keep a 64gb microSD in it, but would have liked the 32gb on board as opposed to the 16gb

Enjoy!

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes! It's a wonderful tablet with tons of features and even more available if you you root it. I have found the use of the S-pen has exceeded any thoughts I had initially and infact is has become an indispensable part of my daily use. This tablet had totally eliminated my use/need for a laptop.

Being this tablet is a year old, I'm sure there are great buys to be found, making it pretty affordable too.

Like any device, it's not perfect and you'll find your own little pet grievances about it. My biggest one is the placement of the charging port, on the bottom of the landscape side, which makes it harder to use in the case/stand when charging.

My favorite part has to be the S-pen. I can receive, sign and return pdf docs and forms in a breeze. The office type apps available are great as well as tons of other great apps with full access to the Google Play store.

This is my third tablet and by far the best ever.

Go for it! My only small regret is not going for the 32gb one. I keep a 64gb microSD in it, but would have liked the 32gb on board as opposed to the 16gb

Enjoy!

About the charging port being on the bottom, I hate it also but I just want to mention that if you turn on screen rotation and flip the tablet upside - down, it works (while charging) like a charm.

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
If you root it and install Xposed framework you can change the menu button into the recent apps key (same on the s5), and do a ton of other really amazing changes. You can also install a custom recovery on it. You should definitely get the 32gb version if you plan to have games and movies on it.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
About the charging port being on the bottom, I hate it also but I just want to mention that if you turn on screen rotation and flip the tablet upside - down, it works (while charging) like a charm.

Ya but the case/stand is upside down then, so I have to hold it instead of having it stand on the stand

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
My case also stands one way. Just to be clear this is the orientation that I am referring to.

Attachments

• 1415159411085.jpg
    1415159411085.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 40

ViniciusBr

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Ok guys, thanks a lot for your opinions. I bought this tablet yesterday and I will start to use it. I saw that it has the Android 4.3 do I upgrade it? I told me that there is a system upgrade. I read several complains of people that had upgraded. What do you think? Do I let it this way or it is worth to upgrade? Thanks again.

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Ok guys, thanks a lot for your opinions. I bought this tablet yesterday and I will start to use it. I saw that it has the Android 4.3 do I upgrade it? I told me that there is a system upgrade. I read several complains of people that had upgraded. What do you think? Do I let it this way or it is worth to upgrade? Thanks again.

I personally love the update. The only issue is that it uses more battery because it activates all 8 cpu cores. There is also an sd card limitation, namely apps can only write to their own folders. You can remove the limitation via rooting.

ViniciusBr

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Ok, can you tell me the main cons and pros of the update?

I also have another 2 questions:

1- if I update and use a micro SD, will I be able to save things on it? For example: Deezer, can I set that the synchronized music will be stored in the micro SD?

2- I did not find an option for the display not enter sleep mode. I have downloaded an app to keep the display "alive" . Do you guys see any problem if my display keep on for a couple of hours?

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, can you tell me the main cons and pros of the update?

I also have another 2 questions:

1- if I update and use a micro SD, will I be able to save things on it? For example: Deezer, can I set that the synchronized music will be stored in the micro SD?

2- I did not find an option for the display not enter sleep mode. I have downloaded an app to keep the display "alive" . Do you guys see any problem if my display keep on for a couple of hours?

Other than chewing the battery not much. See link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/umoc7lpfpjs40h7/2014-11-05 18.24.10.jpg?dl=0