Head Phone jack.

Cry14

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1(2014) and I'm having two separate problems with it.

The first is with the youtube app. Watching videos while the screen is minimized is not an issue, but whenever I go to full screen the video becomes unresponsive. It still plays but I can't rewind or pause or even get out of full screen until the video is finished or by pressing the back button on the bottom of the tablet.

The second problem is with my headphone jack. For some reason only my left earpiece works, I've tried different headphones but it still doesn't work. Even jiggling it is useless, the right would chip in for half a second and that's it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I have seen others complain about YouTube on Galaxy devices--it sounds like a bug with the latest update. You'll probably have to wait until the next update for it to be fixed. Check out this thread for more discussion: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...170-youtube-controls-missing-full-screen.html

Regarding the headphone issue--first, make sure the headphone plug is all the way in. Sometimes, the jack is pretty tight, and people think it's all the way in, but it actually isn't. You need to feel or hear it click into place.

If the sound is still faulty, then make sure the jack is clear of debris. Use a damp toothpick to root around, or a can of compressed air to blow it out.

If it still doesn't work, then see if manipulating the plug in the jack helps. Does it only work if you exert pressure to one side, for example? If so, then there is probably some loose contact in the device, which would require a technician to investigate and fix.

Cry14

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for replying.

That thread you gave me about the youtube issue really helped me to get around the glitch.

I do hear a click when I put the earphones in, and the earphones connected icon comes on. I tried the toothpick cleaning and that didn't work(don't know where to get a can of compressed air).
When I put pressure on the earphones towards the upper left corner the right side of the earphones chips in for less than half a heartbeat. It doesn't stay on even if I keep putting pressure on it.

I'm at a loss.