recent update broke sd card? fixed**

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
***it had nothing to do with the update. I removed the back of the tablet pressed down hard on the SD card slot until it kind of bent inwards. Now the card reads. Hopefully it'll stay fixed. Thanks to everyone who tried to help***

I just bought a 32 gigabyte Samsung SD card, it works on my note 3 but not in my 10.1.

anyone else having problems? Or does my device just have a busted SD card slot and I never knew about it?

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: recent update broke sd card?

Doesn't work at all - the tab doesn't recognize it? It's a problem with the tab. (Bad socket, bad motherboard, it has to go to the shop for diagnosis.)

Can't write to it with certain apps? That started with KitKat and it's going to be the case from now on.

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site

Can't write to it with certain apps? That started with KitKat and it's going to be the case from now on.

Google is removing the limitation starting with lollipop! In lollipop you will be asked if you want an app to write to the external SD card.

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

Are you sure card is seated all the way, did it click into place....

Have heard people had problems with card because slot in tablet is a bit deep and card did not seat completely...

Dale

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Google is removing the limitation starting with lollipop! In lollipop you will be asked if you want an app to write to the external SD card.

And one of the many benefits of having a rooted device, is you can write to the ext sd card, from any app or file manager even on kit kat

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

Thank you, I'll see if I can make make it work. To answer everyone's question, it is like a dead slot, I insert the card and absolutely nothing happens, even with a reset, even after formatting it on my note 3.

This is my 5th android tablet, and I've had a bunch of Apple and android phones, so it isn't user error. It's probably just a problem with the slot.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol