Hancom Office works on note 4 extsd but doesn't on 10.1. Anyone know of a suite that will save and edit on extsd?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-26-2014 03:50 PM
    The problem is the operating system, not the device.
    KitKat does not allow apps/programs to write to external storage.

Either root the tablet and use an app like SDFix or wait for Lollipop to be released for the Note 10.1 2014.

Do you have the LTE or Wifi version?
    12-27-2014 02:32 PM
    The problem is the operating system, not the device.
    KitKat does not allow apps/programs to write to external storage.

Either root the tablet and use an app like SDFix or wait for Lollipop to be released for the Note 10.1 2014.

Do you have the LTE or Wifi version?
    SdFix does not work on Kingsoft office, for me, unless im missing something. I can open a doc from the extSD but cannot save it back to the same location, and I am rooted
    12-27-2014 06:43 PM
    SdFix does not work on Kingsoft office, for me, unless im missing something. I can open a doc from the extSD but cannot save it back to the same location, and I am rooted
    Now that you are rooted have you installed an app like SDFix that allows you to write to, and change files on the external SD card?

The problem is KitKaf and this silly "security" measure.
    You need the "fix" to keep the OS from blocking your attempts to modify files.
    12-27-2014 06:52 PM
    Now that you are rooted have you installed an app like SDFix that allows you to write to, and change files on the external SD card?

The problem is KitKaf and this silly "security" measure.
    You need the "fix" to keep the OS from blocking your attempts to modify files.
    Yes,I have installed sdFix, but where/how do I set perms for individual apps?
    12-27-2014 06:57 PM
    The issue might be the app. Try using a different app for documents such as Google docs https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.editors.docs it is free.

This one I know for sure saves to the SD card https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ntents.notepad it is free.
    12-27-2014 07:01 PM
    Hmmm
    Diane, I am on my phone and do not even have Kingsoft office on my tablet.

I will have to do a little experimenting tomorrow.
    12-27-2014 07:05 PM
    Hmmm
    Diane, I am on my phone and do not even have Kingsoft office on my tablet.

I will have to do a little experimenting tomorrow.
    Thanks, let me know what you find out. Appreciate it
    12-27-2014 07:17 PM
    The issue might be the app. Try using a different app for documents such as Google docs https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.editors.docs it is free.

This one I know for sure saves to the SD card https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ntents.notepad it is free.
    Thanks, but never been a big fan of google docs. Of all the office suites I've tried, I find Kingsoft the most intuitive and useful for the spreadsheets I do. I have tried saving to extSd from polaris too and no go, even with sdFix installed
    12-27-2014 07:21 PM
    Thanks, but never been a big fan of google docs. Of all the office suites I've tried, I find Kingsoft the most intuitive and useful for the spreadsheets I do. I have tried saving to extSd from polaris too and no go, even with sdFix installed
    Try using next app SD fix it will detect if your device is fixed properly.
    12-27-2014 07:29 PM
    Lte. My note 4 Hancom let's me write, edit, read etc on extsd card

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-27-2014 07:37 PM
    Try using next app SD fix it will detect if your device is fixed properly.
    Huh? Ya lost me? "Next app SD fix" ?

That's what I have installed. Says it's installed and working, but I can't save a existing file back to the extSd, and have no access in the few office suite apps I've tried, to get to the extSd to save.
    12-27-2014 08:28 PM
    Huh? Ya lost me? "Next app SD fix" ?
    Here is the link to it:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=nextapp.sdfix
    12-27-2014 08:37 PM
    Yes, that's the one I have installed. Says it's working fine, but as I said, still cannot save to extSd from any office suite
    12-27-2014 08:50 PM
    Did you grant SDfix superuser status after rooting? CF root method auto install superuserSU which would automatically check and ask permissions when first using an app.
    12-27-2014 10:05 PM
    Did you grant SDfix superuser status after rooting? CF root method auto install superuserSU which would automatically check and ask permissions when first using an app.
    Yep

any word on office suite that will work using extsd?-screenshot_2014-12-28-07-53-36.jpg
    12-28-2014 06:51 AM
    I just checked on my S4 (which is still rooted) and both Softmaker's Planmaker and OfficeSuite Pro save to the external sd card on kk 4.4.2 with the same supersu settings for SDfix as what you have.
    12-28-2014 07:17 AM
    I just checked on my S4 (which is still rooted) and both Softmaker's Planmaker and OfficeSuite Pro save to the external sd card on kk 4.4.2 with the same supersu settings for SDfix as what you have.

Ahh ok thanks, yes office suite pro does indeed work. To bad I like kingsoft so much better.
    12-28-2014 10:37 AM