Disturbed protectors/broken box seals - brand new Note 10.1?

Susie001

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know why a brand new Samsung Note 10.1 (2014 P600), bought from a UK seller via Amazon, would have a lifted and badly repositioned in-transit screen protector, disturbed bezel protectors and two broken seals on the box? It may be a US or Korean import (which isnt a problem, there are none in the UK at moment), maybe customs opened and checked the device when it was originally shipped to the supplier? I know the box seals may be broken in order to add a UK charger, but that doesn't explain the disturbed plastic protectors...

I called Amazon and they have already refunded me and issued the label for me to return it, but given that these things are like gold dust here at the moment I'm actually reluctant to let it go. After all, if I start using it and it turns out to be faulty I can still send it back as it was fulfilled by Amazon.

The third party seller hasn't answered my email asking them why the device has obviously been tampered with somehow...dunno whether to just forget it and get on with using it!!

Susie001

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Not as far as I'm aware - I'm a little afraid to start using it, in case it invalidates my return rights or something.

At worst, it's a badly packed return and is faulty - in which case, it'll have to go back anyway, right?

I should stop waiting for them to answer me and just break it out the box haha. I got it for a good enough price, only £30 more than the cheapest UK deal around before the stock ran out.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Up to you. If you aren't satisfied then return it. If you are OK with it in the current condition then keep it

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Return it. I prefer knowing my product is in excellent condition. I prefer getting products with my carrier. No subpar for me. Sometimes a cheap price is just that and no quality. It's your money

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome