If you have a Microsoft Office 365 account you can now download the

Updated Final Version Available today.

http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-o...go-live-today/

Office 365: Word, Excel and Power Point. Microsoft says you can download but need an Office 365 account to fully use.
    01-08-2015 11:12 AM
    Thanks for sharing! It was on our very own AC Blog as well a couple day sago
    Microsoft Office for Android tablets now available in open preview | Android Central

I tried the beta myself and they didn't look too shabby, especially if you're used to the Desktop versions. But in my experience these are too resource-hungry.
    01-08-2015 12:08 PM
    Well thanks, @Raymond Hubbard & @ SpookDroid - I've been waiting for this to come out. You two forum users have been a great font of "office" information for me.

I've installed it and it seems to work well - easily links to my dropbox account - but so far I can't find a way to use the one feature I was hoping would be included. On my desktop I use MSWord to create invoices and bid proposlas that have and embedded Excel spreadsheet in them. When I open one of these documents in the eord preview version the embedded Excel file just appears as an embedded graphic which I can copy/cut/past, but I can not edit - sigh.
    01-09-2015 11:46 AM
    Remember this is a preview edition. All the features might not have been initiated.

Looks like the same templates that are available in the Office 365 desktop version are available. I was also able to use my onedrive files that I created on my desktop with this new tablet version. Also I was able to move the apps to my micro sdcard and they appear to run normal. Have not spent a lot of time with the apps yet but at least Microsoft is working on it. I am also hoping Microsoft will develop a tablet version of Outlook 2013 which is part of Office 365 suite.
    01-09-2015 12:10 PM
    Microsoft Office comes to Android tablets starting today January 20 2015

Final Version

Microsoft Office comes to Android tablets starting today - CNET
    01-29-2015 10:34 AM
    I looked at, looked decent on a quick glance, but as stated above, as another cloud based office tool, that uses resourses as well as relies on having a internet connection, I'm very happy to stick with Kings Soft office.

Really does everything I need when driving (well riding, in the passenger seat), and the files save easily to the tablet, or dropbox when I have net access. All the files are totally interchangeable to use with my home base office when I get back.

But always nice to keep up with what is out there.
    01-30-2015 06:52 AM
    Not really appreciative of cloud based tools as if I am away from wifi, its useless and don't particularity like Microsofts new concept of a year "licence" of 365... IF I want it, I want to buy it and have it installed on my device forever, not have to renew license every year for a "FEE"... The new concept of licensing is disturbing, as if others go this way you will eventually be paying a yearly licence for every app on your device... And if you choose not to renew, your data is "toast"...

And to me, a cloud is a 32 or 64 G SD card I can access 24/365 and not have to rely on wifi or any other type of network connection..

Not sure if I trust "cloud" computing, seems to me it makes me vulnerable to have data stored "somewhere" out of my control... IE TARGET Stores and a few other computer system break ins and credit card number/account thefts by hackers .....

Dale
    dianehelen likes this.
    01-31-2015 08:48 AM
    Total agreement @Dale_M
    You stated the whole nature of cloud based software exactly how I feel.
    01-31-2015 09:24 AM