03-29-2016 06:20 AM
26 12
tools
    When I start my note 2014 tablet, I get this message and have no idea what player service they're talking about or how to fix it. Can someone help me please?
    01-27-2015 07:45 AM
    Do you have any music player or video applications or services you normally listen to or watch? It's possibly it is a auto start player from "that" service" and if you don't have immediate wifi access (slight delay at tab start up) it may give fail message fail at start... Just a thought..

Dale
    01-27-2015 08:50 AM
    Thanks for the response. It got me wondering if what you suggested could have been the problem so I turned off my tablet, turned it back on and before doing anything, I checked to see if I had a wifi connection, which I did but then I believe I figured out what app the program was referring to. I use my tablet mostly for reading books on the Kindle app and that's what I normally first open. This time I opened my email and I didn't get any message but when I opened the Kindle app, there it was. Looks like this player service must have something to do with the Kindle app. I'll have to see if I can get any help from this app.
    01-27-2015 09:22 AM
    You can try to clear the kindle app's cache. Go to settings >applications >all, then scroll down to Kindle and clear the cache NOT the data as that will remove your books and bookmarks in books.
    sheryltoo likes this.
    01-27-2015 10:10 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it but unfortunately it didn't help. I've sent an email to Amazon so hopefully they'll have a suggestion for me.
    Bosbouer likes this.
    01-27-2015 12:09 PM
    I stand corrected. When I cleared the cache, I did a restart and opened the Kindle app only to get the same message. I just turned off the tablet completely and restarted it and now it looks as if the message is gone. Thanks. I guess my problem is solved. I had also heard from Amazon but they said I asked for help with the wrong email so they couldn't help me. I have a couple emails so I guess I emailed them using one that wasn't connected to the app. Not sure why since it's the email I use for my tablet. In any event, maybe I don't need their help.
    Thanks again.
    Bosbouer likes this.
    01-27-2015 12:27 PM
    I guess I spoke too soon. When I turned on my tablet the following day and opened the Kindle app, the message was back. I did hear from Amazon and they told me to uninstall the app and reinstall it with the newest software. They said I wasn't using the newest version. I did that and again all seemed fine until once again turning the tablet on on the following day. I have no clue what this player service is and it's really strange that I only get this message when I open the Kindle app on my Samsung Note 2014 edition. I also have the Samsung older note tablet which I don't really use any more but I turned it on and opened the Kindle app, which is also the latest version and I don't get that message.
    Amazon said if their suggestion didn't work I should call them so I guess I'll do that later today. I just wanted to be sure if anyone else had this problem that they realize clearing the cache and reinstalling the app doesn't fix the problem. t least not on my Samsung Note 2014 edition tablet.
    01-29-2015 08:19 AM
    Check you drop down screen, try turning tablet on with all the "services" disabled like GPS and WIFI and Bluetooth...

Dale
    01-29-2015 09:44 AM
    Thanks again for trying to help me. I actually had Amazon call me yesterday to see if they could figure out how to stop me from getting this message. They basically had me do the same thing I already tried which was uninstalling and reinstalling. It's funny that it always seems to do the trick after I turn off the tablet and turn it back on the same day that I do the reinstall, and I can do this several times during the day, but when I turn on my tablet the next day, the message is back. Amazon said the player service had something to do with downloading movies or videos from their site which I don't do so the fact that there seems to be a problem with the service doesn't really effect my ability to read so I think I'm just going to forget about it.
    Amazon mentioned that there was a Samsung Kindle app and said I could try that if their app didn't work. I'm not really sure what the Samsung app is. I didn't notice it in the play store.
    01-30-2015 07:55 AM
    Samsung as revised and changed the SAMSUNG folder which had several music,video, and book apps in one site... IT now has removed those sites (from web) and now there is three separate SAMSUNG apps to take care of this.... One is MILK for music, then there is SAMSUNG Kindle, and I forget what the movie/video one is because I don't use it.... One may also be Galaxy apps...

BUT a recent update deleted the SAMSUNG folder (not Samsung=) (account/apps/whatever) and directs you to get the new apps ..

Do not know if this is bases of your problem or not....

Dale
    01-30-2015 08:55 AM
    Thanks for that information.
    01-30-2015 12:52 PM
    For what it's worth, this has been happening to me on a Google Nexus 5 as well. Like you, I use the Kindle app to read books on my phone (cause my Kindle bricked itself outside the warranty period). I have yet to find a solution. It's annoying, because the notification remains active way too long: by the time it disappears, if I've reached that part of the page!
    Anyway just wanted you to know you're not alone, and it has nothing (or next to nothing) to do with your phone and everything to do with the app.
    02-10-2015 06:49 PM
    When I start my note 2014 tablet, I get this message and have no idea what player service they're talking about or how to fix it. Can someone help me please?
    I'm having the same trouble with my Verizon Ellipsis 8 using the Kindle app. Thanks for your persistence in trying to get an answer!
    02-16-2015 08:44 AM
    I've been getting it on my GS5 as well, so you're definitely not alone. Hopefully Amazon addresses because, as the OP said, the most annoying part is that the message doesn't go away.
    02-17-2015 06:33 AM
    Same problem on a Nexus 5. The issue has persisted across an app update.
    02-20-2015 09:25 AM
    When I start my note 2014 tablet, I get this message and have no idea what player service they're talking about or how to fix it.
    Same problem here on a Verizon Droid Maxx running 4.4.4. Not alone, and
    not a tablet thing either. But I do have the Amazon App Suite intentionally disabled, because I don't want all their stuff running unless I want to use their other apps that I never use, and can't remove from the base image.

However, I've had that disabled for longer than I've only recently started getting this error message, so the culprit may be a recent update which needed more QA before going out.
    04-02-2015 12:28 PM
    I'm getting the same issue on my Sony Xperia. A bloody nuisance. I find of you flick back to a previous page it goes away but it's annoying you need to. It's only happened in the last 3 or 4 days and I have the Kindle app running on 2 tablets without it occurring. Hopefully Amazon will fix it next update.
    Cheers,
    Lynda~
    04-03-2015 06:50 PM
    I have a moto g cell phone and I get the same message most times I open a book. Then I have to wait to continue reading since it blocks my page.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-04-2015 11:04 PM
    I see that useless message on an HTC One as well. Pretty sure I have the latest Kindle app.

What a stupid thing for that app to say. Player service?! What player service?
    04-06-2015 07:40 PM
    I'm having the same problem but the message also appears while I'm using other apps. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy s4 Active. Amazon should really address this issue. Does anyone know what the message is actually referring to as being the problem?
    04-08-2015 06:32 PM
    I'm also having same problem. My Nokia x2 dual sim always repeats this massage which makes me rigid.
    05-27-2015 07:51 AM
    For awhile I stopped getting the message but it came back a couple weeks ago.
    05-27-2015 02:00 PM
    I may have stumbled on the solution to the "problem establishing player service" notification which had annoyed me for almost a year. I now use my kindle app on a Galaxy Tablet but had used the Kindle app on my Galaxy III phone before that. Both devices are registered to the same Amazon Kindle account but I hadn't access the kindle app on the Galaxy III phone for more than a year. All I did was to open the Kindle app on my Galaxy III phone which automatically sync the app and that annoying notification stop appearing in the app on my current device. It's been 24 hours so I am quite certain the problem is solved for me. For those who do not have access to their older devices still registered to their account can perhaps try de-registering that device?
    03-17-2016 09:04 PM
    "Problem establishing player service" came back in the kindle app on my new device after 5 days. I open the kindle app in my old device again to sync content, close kindle app in my new device and re-open... tadaa no more "Problem establishing player service" message.
    03-20-2016 08:24 PM
    Wouldn't be a simple solution to just remove the Phone for Amazon account so it would not need sync action...

Dale
    03-21-2016 10:13 AM
26 12