Cant Play This File

komobu

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I have ripped several dvds to mp4 files. I copied them to my samsung tablet internal storage and they play fine. I then bought a samsung 128gb sd card and copied the mp4 files to it. They will not play. I keep getting a Cant Play This File. It plays fine from the internal storage and the file was copied to both the internal storage and the sd card from the same source. Any idea what is going on and how to correct it?

Thanks for any help

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It depends. If it's a 4k video and the card is U1 (or class 10), the card is too slow. Or the files may be corrupted. Try playing them from the card on your computer (plug the card into the computer, don't plug the phone into the computer).

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I had this same issue a while ago. Never really figured it out, but what software are you using to do the dvd > mp4?

I started using DVDfab and the problem stopped. I did the whole PBS Broadway, the American Musical series of 3 DVDs using DVDfab and they store and play fine from my 64g ext sd card.

There is sooooo much to know and so many variations to video files, I wish I knew and understoond more of it. Currently Im trying to get these mp4s to be able to convert and copied to an ipod and so far no luck. It can import into itunes library (btw I HATE iTunes), but I get a cant copy this file error when trying to get it to the ipod.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL