Extremely slow charging and less usage time after Lollipop,, is there a remedy?

Adil Khan

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Extremely slow charging and less usage time after lollipop :(

same charger same cable .first it used to charge from 0 to 100 in 5 hours now taking 15 hours and before it gave me usage time of 8-9 hours and now 5-6 hrs . Please help is there any solution for this ?
i upgraded OTA from 4.4.2 to 5.1.1 and i am hating every bit of lollipop. my tablet got slower the color themes are eye sore for me.
Can i go back to kitkat safely ? Plz any guidance will be appreciated.
P 600.
i did factory reset twice. no difference. it was perfect on kitkat.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Regarding the charging--have you already tested out different cables and wall plugs? Although the charging problem started after the update, it's still worth trying, in case it was an unrelated coincident.

I would also try reinstalling the firmware, using either Samsung Kies or Samsung Smart Switch. If you can't with those programs, then you can try using Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...w-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html

Downgrading to the previous firmware might be achieved using that method as well.

Tomcat31b

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Extremely slow charging and less usage time after lollipop :(

I was lead to believe that once you upgraded you can't go back to the previous version with Kies. You could try using odin and a previous rom downloaded from sammobile, that should work but it would trip know and void any warranty you have left on your device, which is why I've not attempted it.

You could do a back up of all you personal data and then try a factory reset of the device? I've often found after a major OS update like this that something always screws up somewhere and the factory default normally fixes it for me. This won't help with the colours as that's a Lollipop thing but after a while I got used to them to the point it doesn't bother me anymore.

Posted via the Android Central App

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Extremely slow charging and less usage time after lollipop :(

would reinstalling firmware delete my data ?
Yes, it would. It will bring you device back to when you pulled it from the box, so be sure you back up before attempting it.

I was lead to believe that once you upgraded you can't go back to the previous version with Kies.
It all depends on which version the device was upgraded from/to. Somewhere along in LP, the carriers started incrementing the bootloader. In the newer versions of LP, you cannot revert. In some older LP updates, the bootloader was not incremented, and so you could revert.

You could try using odin and a previous rom downloaded from sammobile, that should work but it would trip know and void any warranty you have left on your device, which is why I've not attempted it.
If the firmware is "official" Samsung carrier firmware, then Knox will not get tripped. Knox only trips if you use unofficial firmware. On my note 4, I reverted from LP back to KK without tripping Knox. The firmware must be official and for your device.

Whatever you decide to do, be aware that any attempt at firmware reversion can kill your device. It's not something to be taken lightly. I was very afraid when I reverted my Note 4, but luckily with the experience of those on XDA, I was able to overcome my fears and do it. Read all you can, search out all the answers, before attempting it. There's a lot on XDA about your tablet. I actually own a SM-P607 and have it locked to KK. I totally understand the eyesore of LP! Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay