Has anyone been able to print from WORD or EXCEL directly to a WIFI or LAN based printer on their LAN?..... Have three printer APKS installed (all seem to work with non MS apks) and native GOOGLE printer Apk/handler, and MS WORD or EXCEL can not find a PRINTER, unless it prints to the "cloud" and then its a issued to get it printed locally from cloud...For all the wonderful thing "office" does it is a "DUD' for when it comes to printing.... So frustrated I am about to dump MS products....

Dale
    02-29-2016 09:38 AM
    On my tablet (Samsung 12.2 note), others have said that you have to pay for the subscription to office before anything prints. I haven't paid so I can't check that out. I use 'Printer Share' app to print everything else.
    02-29-2016 11:42 AM
    I have on tablet...

Hammermill Print
    PrintShare
    PrintHand
    Google- Cloud Print

Basically WORD and EXCEL want to print to a PDF, if I force it to "All Printers", I get "searching for printers" and that is it....

And "active apps" running indicate WORD and Print Spooler... So its trying to do something, but goes nowhere.... I would think if a subscription is required to print anything MS in its greed would be brash enough to make that statement....

Dale
    02-29-2016 12:11 PM
    Worked from Excel on my Tab S 10.5; this device is registered for Office 365.
    02-29-2016 12:25 PM
    Has anyone been able to print from WORD or EXCEL directly to a WIFI or LAN based printer on their LAN?..... Have three printer APKS installed (all seem to work with non MS apks) and native GOOGLE printer Apk/handler, and MS WORD or EXCEL can not find a PRINTER, unless it prints to the "cloud" and then its a issued to get it printed locally from cloud...For all the wonderful thing "office" does it is a "DUD' for when it comes to printing.... So frustrated I am about to dump MS products....

Dale
    Ya, I gave up on all the MS stuff, I find Kingsoft much better, prints easily with PrinterShare and functions better then the MS stuff for the tablet
    02-29-2016 12:50 PM
    PROGRESS: IF one uses "Share" and NOT Print, you can access local printers.... More later, maybe!

Dale
    03-01-2016 10:25 AM
    The "share" option to print documents has been active since 2012. Printhand istructions included it for any network(read shared) printers. And as very few users actually physically connect to a printer most are "shared" Everything You Need to Know About Printing From your Android Phone or Tablet
    03-01-2016 10:44 PM
    By going to Settings > More Networks > Printing, I was able to turn on Cloud Print and other printing services.... Why Is "Printing" hidden under ""More networks"?... It's not where I would expect to find it...

Dale
    03-03-2016 08:02 PM