Won't pick up a Wi-Fi connection

tdh21872

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
My Note 10.1 won't pick up a wi-fi connection.
I factory reset twice, called Samsung and they had me hard factory reset twice and still nothing.
I have taken it to work and it work pick up a connection there either.
I go to connections and flip the switch for the wi-fi connections and it just keeps saying that it is searching and the button never changes color, it just stays grey.
Samsung told me that I need to send it to them but it's not under warranty anymore and they want $100 to just touch it.
I took it to a tablet/phone repair place in town and they told me that it's the motherboard and to just trash it because it's not worth it to fix it.
It's only 2 years old, I would think that it would have lasted longer than that.

Any advice would help.

Tom

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! To clarify, you're saying it doesn't connect to wi-fi at work either, right?

It could be a loose connection, but that would still require a technician to take it apart and check. You could try doing it yourself -- there are a number of YouTube videos showing you how to open it up.

That tablet was actually released >3 years ago, so it's a little older than you might expect.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Watch this video to see if you're able to do it. This is a LTE model ( 605V from Verizon).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOzrRu8PB2Y
I can do faster than this demonstration by just remove the battery and two speakers, take out the old one and slide the new board in.
The completed replacement may take me 10 to 15 minutes.
A LTE mainboard can fit exactly to a Wifi model, however you cannot use its mobile connection because of missing attena and sim card.You also need rear camera from LTE models ( 605V or 607T [TMobile] ) as rear camera of wifi model doesn't work with LTE mainboard.
This is a mainboard from TMobile and you can use it as Wifi only, cost only $45. LTE models always have 32GB internal storage.

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE LOGIC BOARD, SM-P607T, 32GB, TMOBILE, GSM, ANDROID

If buying a LTE rear camera, it may cost another $20 max, then you can get back to business with $70. If you cannot do it by yourself, then it may cost another $50 for someone to replace the mainboard.

If you only want Wifi model, then look for a working but broken screen SM-P600, cost varies from $80 to $120.
Another option, sell it around $120 then buy another working one, $180 to $200 ( Wifi or LTE ).

Sending to Samsung to get motherboard replaced may cost you $200 to $250.
The repair shop, who said it's not worth to fix it, probably doesn't know how to fix Samsung tablet or would want to charge you $200 to $250 , you should look someone else because it takes only 15 minutes to take out the mainboard. First time person may take 1 hour or more.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech