Hi there, I tried using the back key button on my Samsung galaxy note 10.1 (2014 edition) but it didn't respond but when used the stylus from the device on the same back key, it worked. Pls can someone help me find a solution to the back key issue not responding to finger touch?
    08-31-2017 11:07 AM
    Touchscreen and Wacom ( S Pen ) on LCD have different circuit so one work while another doesn't is normal.
    Disconnect the touchscreen cable, you still use the touchscreen with S Pen but not with the finger.
    Try disconnect and reconnect touchscreen cable, don't try it if you don't know how.
    I see a lot of people break the connector when they have no idea how to unlock the locking clip, instead they pry the opening where the cable plug in. Once it's broken, there is no way to fix it.
    The touchscreen and LCD are glue together with LOCA ( Liquid Optical Clear Adhesive ) so the whole LCD assembly has to be replaced if one is defective.
    Chapdroid likes this.
    08-31-2017 10:50 PM
    I don't know how to thank you enough for this brilliant answer. Thing is am not a techy person but I do once in a while love to tinker with these devices. That said, according to you " Touchscreen and Wacom ( S Pen ) on LCD have different circuit so one work while another doesn't is normal."
    So my next question would be, where to locate the circuit for the touchscreen to resolve this myself without having to spend money in a tech shop. Hopefully I don't break or cut anything?
    09-01-2017 12:35 PM
    Here is the picture of SM-P600 ( Wifi ) and SM-P605 LTE, both are similar with touchscreen cable is on the left ( black )
    and S-Pen cable in on the right ( orange ), near the speaker on the right.

Note 10.1 back key not responding-note-2014-2-.jpg

However, reconnect touchscreen cable might not solve the issue of not working back button.
    Here is the simple test before doing anything with cable:
    Using your calculator and type
    (+30012012732+
    It should go to Factory Mode, then type *#0*# ( 0 is zero, not O )
    it should go the testing menu and you can test the functionality of touchscreen, if it passes, the testing screen will go back to the menu screen.
    This is a sample of uncompleted test with top right corner is still have some white spots.
    Use the back button repeatedly to exit this test mode and factory mode.
    Note 10.1 back key not responding-touch-test.jpg

If your touchscreen is fine, then you have to live with the not working back button or using this app
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....backkey&hl=en
    Chapdroid likes this.
    09-01-2017 09:07 PM
    Your answer once again shows you know what you're saying. I just can't seem to find the cables and also which cable should I be more concerned about, the touchscreen or the S-Pen cable for my particular issue?
    09-02-2017 12:10 PM
    When the back of your tablet is facing you, there are only 2 big cables near the right speaker and top of mainboard.
    The black is touchscreen (left ), and the orange ( right) is S Pen.
    I don't recommend to touch these cables as I have seen many novice users break these connectors or locking clips while trying to disconnect and reconnect cable. Once broken, you have to change mainboard as these connectors are impossible to find unless from used mainboard.
    Try my advice, test the functionality in testing screen to see if it passes or fails.
    Remember this phrase: " If it ain't broke, don't fix it "
    As long as the touchscreen is working fine, nothing you can fix this area of the back button.
    Touchscreen cable is easier to insert than S Pen cable. Even doing many times, I have a hard time to connect the S pen cable fully seated in its connector. Don't touch the S Pen as your problem has nothing to do with it.
    Today, I see a similar problem like yours but both buttons are not working with touch.
    They're working fine with S Pen, since I see the problem myself, I can verify it's actually the problem of touchscreen on these buttons. Since SPen has different circuit, they work fine with the pen. This is a Tab A with SPen, different model but the same problem of buttons on touchscreen.
    09-02-2017 02:21 PM
    I truly appreciate your candid advice over the matter and have resolved to not touch the cables. After all, it ain't broken. You're the best at what you do, please keep it up.
    09-03-2017 05:18 PM