Battery problem

joedm126

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I originally posted this in the non 2014 edition Note 10.1 in error with not response so I am hoping I can get some response here since this is a 2014 edition issue.

Hello All,

Both me and my wife have the Note 10.1 2014 edition and seem to have the same problem. The first year everything was great then in the second year the battery stared to die faster and faster (eventually lasting about 30 minutes) and took a long time to charge. I replaced the batteries in both. Still took a while to charge but then we at least got about 2.5 hours of use time. Also the battery drops rapidly once I get to about 30% or less of battery life.

After a while of using this new battery again the issue returned with them not lasting and taking forever to charge. My got so bad I barely got 30 minutes of use with the tablet flickering and then rebooting.

I replaced my battery again and I am getting about 2.5 hours of use. However this is slowly getting worse. This morning it dropped from 100% to 63% in 26 minutes of use. I unplugged the battery for 1 minute and reconnected it. I jumped to 73% and when using it, it drained slower again.

Is this an issue with the connection of the battery to the tablet? I have read where some people soldiered the battery directly and fixed the issue. But I don't know if this is my problem as it happened with 3 different batteries so it can't be the batter connection but I guess the tablet connection could be the issue. Or is the problem deeper into the tablet where the battery connection meets the motherboard?

Thank you for the help. Right now I have 2 tablets that combined cost about $1,200 that are almost useless.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How long are the batteries lasting before you notice the deterioration? Do you customarily let the battery drain to near-zero before you start charging up? Doing that can significantly reduce the lifespan of a battery -- it's best to start charging when the battery is down to 30-40%

joedm126

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I generally recharge it at around 20-25%but the issue even started with a new battery which only lasted 2.5 hours which is a lot less than when the tablet was new.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This isn't the LTE model, is it? If it is, and if it thinks LTE signal is poor, that might use more battery. Along the same lines, if wi-fi signal is poor, that could also use more battery, although this is less likely if you're using it at home.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I generally recharge it at around 20-25%but the issue even started with a new battery which only lasted 2.5 hours which is a lot less than when the tablet was new.

This topic has been discussed many times and solution already posted but most people don't get it due to lack of equipment or technical knowledge.
I have done over hundreds of them and they can run over two years without any problem.
New battery won't solve your problem if two battery connectors are not fixed:
1- Black connector soldered to mainboard need to be resoldered.
2- White connector of battery need to be fixed the loose connection.
I don't repost all information already exist in this threat.
In this picture, pin of battery connector doesn't make contact with the clip of battery cable. This is the root of your problem from new or used battery.

Bad Contact.jpg

joedm126

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Beut. This looks like delicate work that needs to be done by someone with the correct equipment and know how. I will have to find the right shop to see if they can fix it for me (I'll have to let them know about your findings). Thanks again.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Thank you Beut. This looks like delicate work that needs to be done by someone with the correct equipment and know how. I will have to find the right shop to see if they can fix it for me (I'll have to let them know about your findings). Thanks again.

You can ask her, Dianehelen, after my fix, how is her tablet Note 2014 working.
I believe I fixed for her last year.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
@joedm126

BEUT ROCKS. His fix was awesome. Still using the tablet , battery lasts about six hours, depending what I'm doing with it

He is extremely knowledgeable with all things , , at least Galaxy Note 2014 10.1 related. Probably other things too. He not only fixed the battery connection on my tablet. But also beautifully added a glass sheet protector on my cracked screen from my husband unsuccessfully attempting to open the bugger to try his hand at it. I am typing on the tablet as we speak. I love this tablet so much. The battery now consistently lasts 6 hours or more and never has a problem. BEUT ROCKS . Trust his infinite talent and knowledge