Ok so the problem is that the tablet Will charge while its awake, it Will charge when its powered down, but it Won't charge in sleep mode, (when you press the power button once to sleep) I have never heard of such a problem and neither did samsung, so I'm hoping someone had the same experience, or knows whats wrong with It? Is it software? Is it hardware? Please help...
    03-28-2018 07:27 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! One of our members @Beut, who seems to be quite the hardware wizard for Samsung tablets, might be able to help.
    dianehelen likes this.
    03-28-2018 10:33 AM
    Use this tool, it will tell you if your tablet is charging, regardless state of power on or off
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=rg-RBLJ2

If not full charge, the current should be around 1.7 Amps, no guessing because I see a lot of users have no idea if the tablet is charging or not, send a tablet thousand miles away only to get the USB charging cable replaced.

If the charging current is under 1.5 Amp, something is wrong such as USB port, battery connectors...etc..
    Known working parts should be used to find where is the problem, start from USB cable, adapter, USB port, then the next along the charging circuit requires more experiences and technical knowledge.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-28-2018 09:25 PM
    Thank you so much beut, I'll give it a shot and see if it works
    03-29-2018 02:21 AM
    This model as well as other Samsung tablets need to resolder the battery connector to fix the charging or quick discharging problem, I believe most average users won't be able to do this rework or understand why it has to be done.
    This tablet only runs stably if both battery connectors have to be fixed.
    In order to understand why, you need to read this threat, different model but having the same battery connectors.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...roblems-4.html
    03-30-2018 02:19 PM
    Thank you so much beut, I'll give it a shot and see if it works
    Listen to Beut. He knows what he is talking about. I know from personal experience. He is a verified expert with this

Beut likes this.
    03-31-2018 03:08 PM
    Listen to Beut. He knows what he is talking about. I know from personal experience. He is a verified expert with this

Not expert but good experiences with Samsung tablets because I buy, fix, and sell them as a hobby.
    Personal experiences with different Samsung tablets, I see all of them having the same common issue of battery connectors. Unfortunately, the fix need soldering skill which not everyone knows how to do.
    After fixing the connectors, they can last as long as the mainboard can last: at least 2 to 3 years.

This is an example, I could buy at once 22 tablets with confidence because I know exactly what is the problem from these tablets. This is a different model with different problem.

Battery not charging on samsung note 10.1 tablet (2014 edition)-22-tab-.jpg

This is the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, this model has the same issue as the Note 2014 10.1 inches

Battery not charging on samsung note 10.1 tablet (2014 edition)-7-note-pro.jpg
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-31-2018 06:40 PM
    Beut, if I may pick your brain, I would truly appreciate it. I have a Samsung Note 2014 10.1 and is in perfect condition except that just recently it will not Hold a Charge. It will fully charge but I have to keep it plugged in, because if I don't, the battery drains very quickly, and it is also very slow with websites and such! I don't have it bogged down with tons of apps and no photos..... anything I can do??? Thank you so much and appreciate any advice.
    09-19-2018 06:34 PM
    The issue of this model can fix easily but soldering skill is required to fix the battery connector on mainboard.
    Also the battery cables needed to fix the loose connection , adjusting mechanically or using conductive glue.
    Both connectors are fixed, it should run 2 or 3 years without any issue like the ones my kid using, she uses it heavily everyday,more than a year after I fixed them: bought the LTE and Wifi, $100 each so she has two different models.
    You can read details from the threat of Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 flickering problem, different issue but the root cause is the same: battery connectors.

This battery connector needs to be resoldered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=DaAKjmrMR2s

The battery connector already got rework but this picture shows pins of battery connectors don't make good contact, you still have problem of charging or quick discharge.

Battery not charging on samsung note 10.1 tablet (2014 edition)-bad-contact.jpg

This is the one with good contact

Battery not charging on samsung note 10.1 tablet (2014 edition)-good-contac.jpg

I use silver conductive glue to fix this problem. Use it with care, wipe off any excess glue between terminals with alcohol, otherwise you'll have overheat problem due to short circuit.

Battery not charging on samsung note 10.1 tablet (2014 edition)-conductive-glue.jpg
    09-19-2018 08:03 PM