Camera failed

Martin Page

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Tried reversing the camera to the 'screen' camera and now I get the message ' Camera failed'. Can't get rid of it now and neither camera works. I was trying to do a Facebook video call yesterday and the recipient couldn't see me although I could see them. I then checked the camera and got the error message. Any ideas?

Martin Page

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I've found a way to get the main camera back. I go to Manage Applications and delete the cache and data. However the screen camera is still throwing up the error message if I try to select it. I've tried starting in SAFE mode but there's nothing more I can then do, I. e. I can't delete app or reinstall...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But does the camera work in Safe Mode? The reason I ask is that if it works in Safe Mode, that means something you installed is causing the problem. You'd have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen on a different device, but basically it was a hardware failure of the camera module. It quickly got worse, to the point even the rear cameras were giving errors. I was still under warranty and exchanged it, so not sure what would've been required to fix it.

Martin Page

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
In safe mode it behaves the same way as normal mode. I don't really feel like uninstalling all the apps on there. I can use the mobile or PC for Facebook camera Messenger. Regarding the warranty, it's over five years old now. Thanks.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Tried reversing the camera to the 'screen' camera and now I get the message ' Camera failed'. Can't get rid of it now and neither camera works. I was trying to do a Facebook video call yesterday and the recipient couldn't see me although I could see them. I then checked the camera and got the error message. Any ideas?
Do you mean the Front Camera ?
It's very easy to replace and under $10 on Ebay.
Use your calculator and type
(+30012012732+
It will go to Factory Mode
Then type : *#0*#
It will go to Testing Mode, try to test the Front and Rear Camera, but normally one fails, the other will fail too when testing.
To exit this mode or go back to the menu, you have to use the Back key.

Martin Page

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Beut. It's the front camera. I tried your test and it still came up as failed. I think it must be a failed front camera. The rear one works perfectly.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
It's only $4 and takes no more than 5 minutes to change if you know how to remove the back cover

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...XarWt%3Asc%3AUSPSFirstClass%2195112%21US%21-1

This one for mainboard, but you only need to remove the back cover and go to step 8 to change the front camera. It's just a snap in connector, so easy to take out the bad one and put in a working one.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Galaxy+Note+10.1+2014+Motherboard+Replacement/86080

This is a video how to remove the back cover. It's a sample, I take only under 5 minutes, not long as in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb2zQIDKysQ

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie