Apps to SD card?

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,
Bought 64gb SD card in order to put all my gigantic games on it, but had no luck.
So I factory reset tablet, erased SD, and now I'm ready for your help.
Is it possible to install apps from Google Play on SD card? Thanks.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It seems most apps will not completely install on the SD. There is always a small file left on the device. For the ones that will transfer to SD it will just move the large portion of the app to the SD. On my Asus tab it has an option to install apps on the device, on the SD or Auto. I'm assuming that the way it works is if an app can be moved to SD if you have SD or Auto selected it will install the small file to the device and the rest to the SD as if you had chosen to place it there. I would also assume that if an app does not have the move to SD option it would install to the app to the device regardless of the setting. Check your device for this setting under your app manager. Also there used to be a similar setting in your PS account for installing items that were capable to the SD, but that was several versions ago when moving items to SD was getting popular. Honestly I haven't looked for it since then and only do the create shortcut on home screen option now, but it may still be there.

If you cannot find either of those settings there are apps that take the place of your apk installer that will install to your SD. The one below has a good rating and says it will do bulk installs to SD, so you're not one by oneing it through each app, but I've never personally used it and there may be better ones.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=bong.android.sdcardapk&hl=en&token=GqXd6JIW

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Just installed Hearthstone and moved it to SD, now 1.5gb is on eternal storage, and 44mb on SD... don't get it.
No, I can't find that 'default option'...

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if your tab doesn't have it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-20-00-28-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-20-00-28-41.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 23

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
It's a security measure in Android, not on Samsung's side.
That's why you need root to fix it.

The SD card can still be used for many things like storing media files (movies, music)
But apps and games that want permissions to write to, or modify files they have not created are blocked.

I installed it so Titanium Backup could backup to my removable SD.
At least I will have a full mirror of my Note in the event it is bricked or destroyed.

ETA: I can't imagine owning any device without root access.
Played that game with Apple for a while. Totally done with that!

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Will root it. Comming from Nexus devices root now looks amazingly hard.
Not sure where to start with note 10.1 2014...

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
What are you looking for?

Maybe better asked, what do you dislike about the Note as it is now?

Biggest problem of going to Vanilla Android is that all the Spen features are baked into the Samsung UI.
Well don't care about Spen TBH. I had Nexuses and loved vanilla, for unknown reason. Hate Touchwiz because it takes 6gb on my 16gb tab. And that lack of app to SD feature is just crazy.
Have been using CM for some time on my old G2. And loved it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel