I just bought one. Ships tomorrow..

dmbatson

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
that's a steep price for a 16GB.

i rather wait till Aug 15th (IF ITS ANNOUNCED THEN........)
and buy it for less than $700.

but i guess if you really want it and be a early adopter of it, have at it. let us know how it is and everything.

wishing i wasn't a poor college kid now or else i'd be right there with you.

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
please make videos, and test it with alot of Art programs, specially sketbook bro and that photoshop one. please?!
this is the main reason why im waiting to anciously for, i was about to get the SGS3, until i saw that this might be out this year, so im holding my money lol

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I ordered mine too. Will have it Monday. I am interested in whether the SPen works with all of the third party inking apps or just the Samsung SNote apps. If so then I can get rid of my Samsung S7 and Thinkpad Android tablet. I will let everyone know what I find out.

upperking#AC

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I just got my tracking number today so it's on it's way.
I guess there was two different ship dates. One being the 4th and the other the 7th today..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I got mine on Monday and all I can say is WOW. I have finally found a tablet That can replace my Samsung S7 Windows tablet and my ThinkPad Android tablet. I am still learning how to use the SPen software which has many more features and uses than I anticipated. There is a bit of a learning curve because there are so many inking features that it will take time to put a full review together.

Here are the quick facts:

1. It is very, very fast with the Quad core Exynos processor. This is the international version which has 3g/4g built in. I believe the US version will have the dual core snapdragon.
2. The SPen is Wacom technology and I have tried other Wacom stylus and they work fine. Many won't care for the tiny toothpick size stylus that comes with this tablet, so ordering a $20 Wacom stylus from a Windows tablet provides more options and a more pen like feel.
3. The tablet does work with all of the inking apps from the play store like: Quill, Lecture Notes, Write, Writepad Stylus, Papyrus, EZPDF but the Samsung S Apps provide so many integrated options that I will not have to use other inking apps. The tablet also comes with Polaris Office suite like the old HTC Flyer which will allow for annotation in Word, PDF and PowerPoint documents.
4. Multiscreen view is going to be the most talked about feature on this tablet. You can do research on the web or watch a lecture or video while taking notes. This will be great for college students and business people.

Initial Cons:
1. I wish Samsung had made this with a 1920x1200 display.
2. Nice display, but not as bright as ASUS, Toshiba or Acer Android tablets.
3. Less touch sensitive display, probably due to the extra layer on the display for the Wacom digitizer.
4. I was excited to see front facing stereo speakers only to be let down by the low volume. Not As bad as some Android tablets, especially the ThinkPad.
5. Only getting about 6 hours of battery life so far. It should improve over time and a software update could fix it.
6. Only 16GB of storage. You have about 11GB available at startup. I added a 32GB microsd to help. The US version will have higher storage options. I don't know if I would want to give up the Quad core processor for more storage. I did try a 64GB microsd and no go. I was hoping that it would work but won't recognize any card higher than 32GB.

This thing is thin, light and attractive. Have the white version and it matches my white Verizon SGIII perfectly. It looks like a spitting image of my phone. No aluminum in the tablet, but it still feels like a high quality gadget.

If you can afford it, pick up the international version from Negri electronics today. They shipped it the same day from Las Vegas. If you can wait, the US version should be available by the end of August. I am a college student and needed something before then, so I paid extra. Still $600 less than a Samsung S7 Slate and with all of the features allows me to do about 95% of what I used my laptop for on the Galaxy Note 10.1. I purchased a Motorola Bluetooth keyboard with the point stick mouse on Amazon and now have a laptop like solution. Samsung will probably release a keyboard down the road, but this works for now.

I will constantly update this post as I use this tablet more.

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
It seems that the US wifi version will have the QuadCore Exynos.
If not, then im not getting it :/. Sucks
Though i got an Intous 4, will this pens work?
Wait.. Negri is in las vegas? :O wtf
Though thank you for the quick review :D

Last edited:

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I will recieve mine friday, can you ink in evernote?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry, no inking in Evernote. The Android version doesn't allow it. You can in the Windows version. You can download their writing app "Skitch", but it is inferior to the Spen apps.

kmflame

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I got mine on Monday and all I can say is WOW. I have finally found a tablet That can replace my Samsung S7 Windows tablet and my ThinkPad Android tablet. I am still learning how to use the SPen software which has many more features and uses than I anticipated. There is a bit of a learning curve because there are so many inking features that it will take time to put a full review together.

Here are the quick facts:

1. It is very, very fast with the Quad core Exynos processor. This is the international version which has 3g/4g built in. I believe the US version will have the dual core snapdragon.
2. The SPen is Wacom technology and I have tried other Wacom stylus and they work fine. Many won't care for the tiny toothpick size stylus that comes with this tablet, so ordering a $20 Wacom stylus from a Windows tablet provides more options and a more pen like feel.
3. The tablet does work with all of the inking apps from the play store like: Quill, Lecture Notes, Write, Writepad Stylus, Papyrus, EZPDF but the Samsung S Apps provide so many integrated options that I will not have to use other inking apps. The tablet also comes with Polaris Office suite like the old HTC Flyer which will allow for annotation in Word, PDF and PowerPoint documents.
4. Multiscreen view is going to be the most talked about feature on this tablet. You can do research on the web or watch a lecture or video while taking notes. This will be great for college students and business people.

Initial Cons:
1. I wish Samsung had made this with a 1920x1200 display.
2. Nice display, but not as bright as ASUS, Toshiba or Acer Android tablets.
3. Less touch sensitive display, probably due to the extra layer on the display for the Wacom digitizer.
4. I was excited to see front facing stereo speakers only to be let down by the low volume. Not As bad as some Android tablets, especially the ThinkPad.
5. Only getting about 6 hours of battery life so far. It should improve over time and a software update could fix it.
6. Only 16GB of storage. You have about 11GB available at startup. I added a 32GB microsd to help. The US version will have higher storage options. I don't know if I would want to give up the Quad core processor for more storage. I did try a 64GB microsd and no go. I was hoping that it would work but won't recognize any card higher than 32GB.

This thing is thin, light and attractive. Have the white version and it matches my white Verizon SGIII perfectly. It looks like a spitting image of my phone. No aluminum in the tablet, but it still feels like a high quality gadget.

If you can afford it, pick up the international version from Negri electronics today. They shipped it the same day from Las Vegas. If you can wait, the US version should be available by the end of August. I am a college student and needed something before then, so I paid extra. Still $600 less than a Samsung S7 Slate and with all of the features allows me to do about 95% of what I used my laptop for on the Galaxy Note 10.1. I purchased a Motorola Bluetooth keyboard with the point stick mouse on Amazon and now have a laptop like solution. Samsung will probably release a keyboard down the road, but this works for now.

I will constantly update this post as I use this tablet more.

Glad to know!!!! I need a tablet that can fulfill my daily needs at works, I am looking at this tablet, but I also use it for Mainstream and Social Media, I would like to ask you some stuff:

Really the tablet is 6 hours? that is pretty weak :(, hope it is cuz its new. (Can you update me on battery time after?)

You can download Hulus Plus and CrunchyRoll? do you know how good is this tablet to watch videos? (I ask because in some Tablets i was unable to download Hulu from Play Store).

You can setup VPN in this tablet?

Thanks for helping me with these questions and hope the answers are all positive :D

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Battery life is more like 8 hours if you have the brightness down and have WiFi turned off. The WiFi only version might be a little better.

Video playback is excellent with Netflix, HBOGO and Amazon instant video. Even flash tv shows through the web browser are smooth. The Quadcore Exynos really helps. This plays video better than my Intel Windows laptop running the Intel 4000 graphics chip. I dont use Hulu or the other, so cant help you there.

I believe there are apps to allow stting up a VPN. If you can do it on another Android tablet you will have no problem using it on this one. I just checked and there are plenty of VPN apps in the Google Play store. You will need to check with your company on compatibility.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I want the White one, wi-fi only, with 64 Gig, and quad core. Then I will be happy. I will spend upwards of 750.00 to get it too..

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
The Galaxy Tab 2 cases will not fit the note. I found out the hard way because the specs show almost the exact same size, but the Note is actually slightly wider and a tad taller than the Tab 2 10.1. All of the cables and adapters will work fine. I ordered 2 cases, one Belkin and the other was the Samsung book cover for Tab 2 and it is off just enough to keep them from fitting. I just noticed on the Expansys UK site that Samsung will have a custom case but not until later this month.

kmflame

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is more like 8 hours if you have the brightness down and have WiFi turned off. The WiFi only version might be a little better.

Video playback is excellent with Netflix, HBOGO and Amazon instant video. Even flash tv shows through the web browser are smooth. The Quadcore Exynos really helps. This plays video better than my Intel Windows laptop running the Intel 4000 graphics chip. I dont use Hulu or the other, so cant help you there.

I believe there are apps to allow stting up a VPN. If you can do it on another Android tablet you will have no problem using it on this one. I just checked and there are plenty of VPN apps in the Google Play store. You will need to check with your company on compatibility.

In that case... Can you confirm me you can download Hulu Plus thought the Play Store? Some apps doesn't allow that.

Thanks for your info... I think I am going to get it..

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to get this thing no matter what. I am super excited for it and I think it will be an amazing tablet. I've never owned a tablet before, so this will be a fun one to jump into the game.