GMail Attachments

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I read this part of a review on another site:

Samsung has, bizarrely, hobbled the Note 10.1's productivity potential by not allowing you to attach any file to an outgoing Gmail message. The only attachment option there is for the Gallery, which means you can't take notes (or create a document in the Polaris Office app) and then send it via your Gmail account anywhere else.

For those who have picked one up already, is this true? I'm not able to attach any documents to an outgoing email?

rw0749

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
This is probably true.. I am not able to attach anything except gallery items on my Tab2 7" either.. it is probably a glitch that is associated with Ice Cream other than the device... since neither one can do it.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I imagine Samsung did not do this intentionally, and I am sure it will be corrected by OTA update when JB is released. Let's hope at least.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I read this part of a review on another site:

For those who have picked one up already, is this true? I'm not able to attach any documents to an outgoing email?

That was really curious. I don't know what the different apps are called, but the one that has the red M envelope will ONLY attach from the gallery. The menu had a help option which went to android help online and it says you can attach pictures from your gallery but it doesn't advertise you can't attach anything else. The other app that has the red @ seal on an envelope will let you attach anything you want! I don't understand why it would be different. BTW, I have both set up to the same gmail account and tried it with each application. The red @ sign delivered the message complete with a word document and a pdf file!

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
J, the one with the red @ symbol is the email app that comes with the Note or the Native email app. The one with the Big red M on the envelope is the GMail email app. Just so you don't have to type so much. lol ;)

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
J, the one with the red @ symbol is the email app that comes with the Note or the Native email app. The one with the Big red M on the envelope is the GMail email app. Just so you don't have to type so much. lol ;)
So it's Google that wants us to only attach pictures? I'm amazed that android loving Google also put stumbling blocks in the way of android users. I used to use Google Shopping for everything but with my phone I can't sort by price. Yes, I know, there's an app for that, but really, you'd think google would make everything work even better for android. Ah well, I'm glad the email attachment business came up, I'll stick with the Note's red @ email from now on just on the principal of the thing! It seems to send the email faster too. If I'm emailing something to a friend I'm with, using the @sign email gets it there faster.

35fan

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
If I try to share a file within a program like Ez PPF Reader, the email doesn't work. If I open Gmail and attach the file,the attachments go thru.
Anyone have similar results?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae