Note 10.1 S Pen

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Note and read about the S Pen that comes with the 10.1. It sounds very impressive. Would one of you brand new 10.1 owners tell me how the different tips work? AND, if you have access to a Galaxy Note 5.3 like mine, I'd really appreciate knowing if I can use the 10.1 S pen on my note. Thanks! I love the S memo and note features. I hope you enjoy your super sized Note as much as I enjoy my 5.3 version.

nerdisme

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know there was a difference between the two pens never had a 5.3 Note. There is a little button on the bottom. You can hold it to do functions like screen shots and stuff.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The original Galaxy Note also has that button with those features that work with it. I had read the 10.1's S pen has multiple tips to use.I already lost my S Pen once and had to replace it. I figured if the 10.1's S Pen would work I might get your type instead. My favorite feature of the Galaxy Note is the S memo and S note. Being able to hand write notes and have everything be on one device in my purse has eliminated the sticky note jumble and having to look at the back of every piece of paper in case I'm about to throw out some important note. I love my type of Note and hope you enjoy yours just as much.

Reactions: LegalAmerican

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
No different tips for the stylus, just allows for more pressure sensitivity. I actually use 5.3 Note stylus pen holder combo on my 10.1 note and dont really notice any difference. I am sure that an artist might, but for note taking I dont. You can even use regular Windows tablet pens as long as they use Wacom technology. The advantage is they are cheaper and the same size as a pen as opposed to the smaller toothpick style pen on the Notes.

Reactions: GMJeff

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
No different tips for the stylus, just allows for more pressure sensitivity. I actually use 5.3 Note stylus pen holder combo on my 10.1 note and dont really notice any difference. I am sure that an artist might, but for note taking I dont. You can even use regular Windows tablet pens as long as they use Wacom technology. The advantage is they are cheaper and the same size as a pen as opposed to the smaller toothpick style pen on the Notes.

I actually prefer the Note's stylus because of the tip shape being like a pen tip. It makes writing and clicking on a small web link very precise. It feels as natural as using a real pen. When I lost my S pen I tried someone's stylus that had the rounded end and felt like I was scrawling without precision. I couldn't wait for my replacement S pen to arrive in the mail. Thanks for letting me know the shape and size is the same. Do you have the white S pen or black? There's a subtle difference between the two. The white one is actually a speck larger in diameter and has a smooth feel where the black one is thinner with a texture. The article that said there were different tips must have based it on rumors. It's so nice to get the real facts on here! Enjoy your tablet!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The 10.1 stylus is easier to hold and write with. I like it better but of course it makes sense that it is bigger since the table is bigger. Not sure how the tips change out. Have not replace them on either device.

Reactions: J HighNote

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't stand it anymore and ran to Best Buy today and got the tablet. Gosh, it's SUPER. I actually really like the feel of the tablet's S pen and could use it on my regular note too.

Reactions: LegalAmerican

dholky

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
My Note 10.1 came with 5-6 extra tips for the S-Pen. They are in a very small bag and easy to miss. I changed mine to the smallest tip. It is more like writing with a fine point pen.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody know what the button on the S-Note is good for?

So far, I have not found any app that uses it. It would be nice if, in S-Note, you could hold it down to erase.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody know what the button on the S-Note is good for?

So far, I have not found any app that uses it. It would be nice if, in S-Note, you could hold it down to erase.

Oh yes, that button is very handy. Hold the button and press on the screen - screen shot. Hold the button and slide the S pen across the screen - to the left is to go back one step - to the right is to go forward one step. Hold the pen button in and double tap the screen, an S note will appear. When you're done writing the note, click on the checkmark at the top and it will save. It goes into your S Note folder under Your files folder.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Maybe others will figure out what I've missed. The S pen capable features are what make this Tablet heads and shoulders above the rest! Oh, well, it has multitasking too, and speakers that don't get muffled by laying down on a soft surface.... Gee, it's a lot more than head and shoulders above the rest! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674