Note 10.1 accessories?

zerospace-net

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So I picked up my new Note 10.1 16GB at Best Buy yesterday -- it's about time! It sure felt like I was waiting forever for this thing! I do believe it was worth the wait, as I'm impressed thus far. Anyways... I'm coming to the Note from an OG Asus Transformer, and at some point will want a keyboard -- has anyone heard if there's going to be a keyboard dock made especially for the Note? Or will it work just fine with the one currently on the market for the Tab 10.1 or Tab 2? I just wonder if I should snag a BT keyboard now or wait for an official one.

Has anyone heard an ETA on some of the accessories I've seen that are supposedly coming? (adapters, desktop dock, cases, s-pen holder, etc?).

I also desperately need a TPU case for this thing -- my fingerprints are all over the back (d'oh!), but I imagine I'll be waiting awhile for one.

doomtuba

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Why can't they release their OEM accessories the same date as their tablet? :mad: That's one thing that has always annoyed me about Android. Even the Nexus 7 doesn't have all its OEM accessories out!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I, too, am very frustrated at the lack of accessories. I searched today and while many cases and keyboards said they were for the Note 10.1 some mentioned iPads in the description and apple specific keys on keyboards. Even Samsung is confused! I went to their site today and under accessories for our model Note you get one page, a few items are just pictured with a model number and I don't know what they are! While the title of the page is Galaxy Note 10.1 in nice big bold letters, there are cases for the 7" Galaxy Tabs on the page. I'd like a case and a keyboard and I'm not sure whether to get integrated, or whether I should get a case and then look for a separate keyboard. What's your opinion of those? Is there any advantage to a usb or bluetooth keyboard or should I wait for Samsung to get around to selling something specific for the 10.1? Also, I had an iPad user tell me I should get a screen protector. Do I need one of those? My Note phone has gorilla glass and works better without a protector so I hadn't even thought of looking for one for the 10.1. Are there any other accessories I should consider? Please let's help each other find the right stuff for our wonderful new Galaxy Note 10.1s.

Thanks.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
There is a desktop dock charger available on the Samsunb site. They are $34andI purchased 2 of them. They work great but dont come with power adapters. It is the same dock for the Tab 2 10.1.

Reactions: J HighNote

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
There is a desktop dock charger available on the Samsunb site. They are $34andI purchased 2 of them. They work great but dont come with power adapters. It is the same dock for the Tab 2 10.1.

Thanks for letting me know about the dock chargers. Does that mean if I see other adapters, like a usb adapter, or a keyboard designed for the Tab 2, that it will work as well? I'd really like a keyboard but feel rather limited to bluetooth because I'm not sure what can really be connected to the Note 10.1. I don't always believe websites when they say something is compatible.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I am hope that OB comes out with a Defender case for it? I had my GS3 for a month before I got my Defender. Does the Note 10.1 come with a slip case at least?

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I am hope that OB comes out with a Defender case for it? I had my GS3 for a month before I got my Defender. Does the Note 10.1 come with a slip case at least?

No. There's no sleeve of any kind. I'm using a zippered case I had for one of my other tablets for now. I may check out the Belkin case too; another member said it was a pretty decent case. I'd wait for the Samsung official case but have no idea when we'll see it.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
+1 for the Belkin Tri-fold case. I got one yesterday. It could definitely be better - and I will be looking for something better - but it's WAY better than nothing. It's really not bad at all.

Personally, I strongly prefer a case that my tablet stays in while I'm using it versus a sleeve that only protects it when I'm not using it. I use mine enough that a sleeve would just end up sitting empty except for when I'm traveling.

Loren

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
That is my question..do all Tab 10.1 accessories fit the Note 10.1?
I can tell you the dock does because I have it and use it.
The case likely will not work since it does not have the opening for the S pen.
I see no reason the USB cable connector will not work - but I will not pay $19.95 for that little cable. I bought one on Amazon for $2.75 - it should arrive in the next few days.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I bought the USB adaptor while I was in Best Buy ordering my Deep Gray 32GB Note 10.1. When I get home, I am going to order a case and a 64GB card.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I went to Best Buy tonight to look at their accessories. Yes, they have the Tab 10.1 keyboard dock and it would work with the Note 10.1 as will other 30 pin connection items. I bought a screen protector and the sales person installed it for 15 dollars. Best 15 dollars I spent tonight. I would never have that patience! I looked at the Belkin black folder type case and right next to it was a bright pink one for the Tab 10.1 so I got it! Yes, you're right, it didn't have an opening for the S pen but it does now..... :D I modified the rubbery corner. I started with a little drill bit and tried bigger bits but the rubber just tried to wrap around it even though I tried putting wood under it. I got my sharpest scissors and craft knife and just whittled away. I heated up the end of a heavy drill bit to smooth it out. I leave the S pen sticking out a bit but it still activates the menu options and wakes up the screen when I pull it out.

Still looking for the perfect android bluetooth keyboard. BTW, sales people have no company specific, like Samsung, trouble shooting resources. The sales guy knew about syncing but didn't know how to do it with S notes. He sent me to the Geek Squad counter where they talked among themselves and did a lot of head shaking. One guy tried the lets push any button approach and locked up the S note app so that all it would do is go to a black screen. I finally had to reset the phone by powering down. After it restarted it took longer than normal to start S Note and when I tried to open one of the notes, it said it had to recover something or other and it did recover it completely. Moral of the story is to turn over things to the Geek Squad at your own risk.Two geeks said they didn't know how to sync since they typically didn't work on tablets. When I said searches for information showed many people used sync options to send things to their computers. They shook their heads, I asked if they knew Evernote, Google Docs, Dropbox, one guy said he'd heard of Goggle docs and then more head shaking. sigh I haven't given up though, someone in another thread wrote up some directions for me to try so my quest will continue!

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
All of the 30 pin connector accessories work with all tabs, however, stay clear of cases and even the keyboard dock that is made for the original Tab as it is not as wide as the Note. Same for the Tab 2, the Note is slightly wider. I am currently using the desktop dock, USB, SD, HDMI and VGA 30 pin adapters for the Tab line. They all work fine on the Note. I ordered the Motorola Android Bluetooth keyboard with the track stick off of Amazon and it works perfectly. Dont order the third party 30 pin charging cables as most of them dont work. I have tried several only to find that it is best to use the original Samsung USB charger brick as it charges the quickest.

Samsung will be releasing custom cases and a keyboard dock shortly for those that can wait.

Last edited:

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
All of the 30 pin connector accessories work with all tabs, however, stay clear of cases and even the keyboard dock that is made for the original Tab as it is not as wide as the Note. Same for the Tab 2, the Note is slightly wider. I am currently using the desktop dock, USB, SD, HDMI and VGA 30 pin adapters for the Tab line. They all work fine on the Note. I ordered the Motorola Android Bluetooth keyboard with the track stick off of Amazon and it works perfectly. Dont order the third party 30 pin charging cables as kost of them dont work. I have tried several only to find that it is best to use the original Samsung USB charger brick as it charges the quickest.

Samsung will be releasing custom cases and a keyboard dock shortly for those that can wait.

Thank you! I'm sure you just saved me some money and I'll look for that keyboard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt