Note 10.1 accessories?

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
So glad you got your case!
I think it will be fine. Mine rotates freely but that works really well when I want to swing it around to a different position. But as often as I move it, it still feels firmly attached to the case. Let us know how the day with your client goes. Hearing how people use it help me learn ways to use it myself.
Just got back from my photoshoot. REALLY was cool to be able to show the client on the spot their photos. Part that sucked is that I had to pull it out of the case to put the SD card Adapter in but I was able to get it off fast. The other thing with this case I really wish I had was a built in bluetooth keyboard. I type really fast and sometimes it seems I out type the screen keyboard and sometimes I make a mistype and its inconvenient. I think I am still sort of weirded out how much play is in the spinning action on this case. I dunno. May see if I can find a small little Bluetooth keyboard to stuff in my pocket.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Just got back from my photoshoot. REALLY was cool to be able to show the client on the spot their photos. Part that sucked is that I had to pull it out of the case to put the SD card Adapter in but I was able to get it off fast. The other thing with this case I really wish I had was a built in bluetooth keyboard. I type really fast and sometimes it seems I out type the screen keyboard and sometimes I make a mistype and its inconvenient. I think I am still sort of weirded out how much play is in the spinning action on this case. I dunno. May see if I can find a small little Bluetooth keyboard to stuff in my pocket.
Yeah, I hear ya about the keyboard. I type fast and can't get used to the onscreen keyboard. It's okay for tapping out words for searches, but even typing an email drives me crazy. Plus you can't type and adjust the screen to get rid of glare. I have a bluetooth keyboard but it tends to stay at home. I looked at some cases that had keyboards but they aren't full size and I think that would bother me. It's hard to teach old fingers new tricks. When I was looking for keyboards, I think Amazon had a feature that let me narrow it down by folding, mini, etc. Maybe you could find something there. As for the case rotation part, think of it like a steering wheel, it moves freely but it isn't going anywhere. I had a co-worker grab it by the one side and it ended up hanging in mid air for a bit. It scared her more than it scared me, lol.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Im looking into a case with BT keyboard too but they are for the 10.1 Tab so the opening for the speaker grill is not there. Hopefully They will be available soon. I see they made them for the Note so they should make them for the 10.1 soon

iamjoe007

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I have some questions
are there docking station for Samsung note 10.1 with the ability to extend the screen to a monitor LCD/LED? (VGA or DVI/HDMI) and BT so i can use a BT keyboard?
any cheaper places to buy some nice cases for Note 10.1?
Any cases with built in Keyboard?

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have some questions
are there docking station for Samsung note 10.1 with the ability to extend the screen to a monitor LCD/LED? (VGA or DVI/HDMI) and BT so i can use a BT keyboard?
any cheaper places to buy some nice cases for Note 10.1?

I believe eforchina.com now has some regular cases that are cheap. Ships directly from china so you have to wait a few weeks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

dlg_az#CB

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I have some questions

I ordered this direct from Kensington - KeyFolio™ Expert Folio & Keyboard for Android? Tablets - and found a coupon online somewhere for 10% off. Still ended up being pricey at~$85 but it fits the tablet nicely, its very lightweight and the keyboard works like a charm. The material is very lightweight, I'm thinking microfiber - not sure what its called. Gathers fingerprints like crazy but its a nice folio with attached keyboard. It also uses that sticky stuff that's in fashion now to hold the tablet onto the back panel. I haven't seen this in stores here anywhere. I happened to have a Danish friend who bought it locally in Copenhagen and told me about it. I'd been looking for a keyboard case and after some digging managed to find the US product code = K39532US.

Kensington - Tablet - Android & Windows Tablets - Keyboard Cases - KeyFolio

I bought a MoKo case just before finding that one. I quite like the case because it has an elastic flap on the backside so you can hold it in place. Great for note-taking in meetings since I hold paper at an angle anyway. It's called: MoKo Slim-fit Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1-Inch and got it for $20.

My question now is I want to get an additional adaptor and USB cable ... can't find any specifically for the Note 10.1 on Amazon, but did find one for the Tab. Does anyone know if the Tab version fits the Note?

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I am wondering if I just get a USB female to female adapter like this one
Amazon.com: USB Type A Female to Female Adapter: Electronics

and connect my PC based accessories(usb card readers and usb hw/flash drives etc) with the existing 30-pin to usb cable (charging cable). Will that work? Or can I get a usb 4-port hub to operate this way as well?
I used this Galaxy Tab (the usb connector) and read a flash drive created on my desktop pc. I was thrilled, it read it just fine.

Last edited:

fonzman78

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
S-Pen Alternative
I have an old Toshiba (6+years) Windows PC Tablet that came with a stylus. The Toshiba is dead but, on a whim, I tried the stylus on my Note 10.1. It works like a charm. In fact, I think it is smoother that the S-Pen. The stylus is the same size as a pen/pencil so it makes writing on the Note 10.1 much easier and natural.

Plus:
1. Works just like a pen/pencil.
2. Has a rounded nub on the non writing end. This works just like an eraser. When writing in S Note, I can turn the stylus around and erase just like a pencil. Much easier than having to select the Erase function.
3. For me, the stylus works without having to remove the S-Pen. My Note 10.1 recognizes the stylus and works automagically. I can leave the S-Pen in my Note 10.1.
4. It works just like the S-Pen in that I can rest my palm on the tablet without interfering with the writing.
5. So far, works with all apps.

Minus:
1. I have to carry the stylus separate from my Note 10.1 so there is a higher chance of losing it. But, for the benefits stated above, I will gladly pack the stylus in my backpack. Also not a big deal as I will purchase a replacement to keep on hand.

My Toshiba used the Wacom technology that the Note 10.1 uses so I suspect that is why the stylus works.

Hope this is useful for some of you looking for a better way to write on the Note 10.1. I am loving the stylus and the freedom from the smaller S-Pen. Here is link for it on Amazon. I was surprised they are still making them since the Toshiba is so old. I will grab a couple before they are all gone.

Amazon.com: Toshiba PA3316U-3ETC Digital Tablet PC Pen II: Electronics

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
S-Pen Alternative
I have an old Toshiba (6+years) Windows PC Tablet that came with a stylus. The Toshiba is dead but, on a whim, I tried the stylus on my Note 10.1. It works like a charm. In fact, I think it is smoother that the S-Pen. The stylus is the same size as a pen/pencil so it makes writing on the Note 10.1 much easier and natural.

Plus:
1. Works just like a pen/pencil.
2. Has a rounded nub on the non writing end. This works just like an eraser. When writing in S Note, I can turn the stylus around and erase just like a pencil. Much easier than having to select the Erase function.
3. For me, the stylus works without having to remove the S-Pen. My Note 10.1 recognizes the stylus and works automagically. I can leave the S-Pen in my Note 10.1.
4. It works just like the S-Pen in that I can rest my palm on the tablet without interfering with the writing.
5. So far, works with all apps.

Minus:
1. I have to carry the stylus separate from my Note 10.1 so there is a higher chance of losing it. But, for the benefits stated above, I will gladly pack the stylus in my backpack. Also not a big deal as I will purchase a replacement to keep on hand.

My Toshiba used the Wacom technology that the Note 10.1 uses so I suspect that is why the stylus works.

Hope this is useful for some of you looking for a better way to write on the Note 10.1. I am loving the stylus and the freedom from the smaller S-Pen. Here is link for it on Amazon. I was surprised they are still making them since the Toshiba is so old. I will grab a couple before they are all gone.

Amazon.com: Toshiba PA3316U-3ETC Digital Tablet PC Pen II: Electronics
That is awesome! I'm thrilled that it has the pen like nib. When I went to check out the link you had, down under the description there was a line about what other customers have bought and this one from Samsung was mentioned. Amazon.com: Samsung Electronics Slate PC Digitizer Pen (AA-DP0NE2B/US): Computers & Accessories and there were reviews from people who have used it with a 10.1. Just fyi, one said to turn off the 10.1 S pen in the holder recognition if you use another stylus.I really didn't take the time to closely look at them both but I will be buying one or the other ASAP. Wow, thanks so much for mentioning yours' functions on the 10.1. I would have been skeptical of spending that kind of money just to try it. It really helps that you've already proven it will work. I love the idea of having the eraser feature!! Thank you, thank you!!

fonzman78

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Glad I was able to help. I did see the Samsung pen on Amazon. I can't vouch for it but it appears that others have tried it and it works like the Toshiba pen. I can tell you for sure that with the Toshiba pen you don't need to disable the S-Pen in Settings. I leave my S-Pen in the Note 10.1. This actually works out nice since I now have a backup pen in the Note slot in case I misplace the stylus.

I also found a Note 10.1 case that I bought along with the extra Toshiba Stylus. It's the N8000 Slim Fit Leather Case by Supcase. I've read all the opinions/reviews about which case to buy. I finally decided on this one because it has a pen holder on the side of the case. It was meant for the S-Pen but I will try it with the Toshiba stylus which is thicker that the S-Pen. I haven't received the case yet so I don't know for sure if the stylus will fit. Once I get it, I will post my results. If it works, then I have the best solution. A good case with a holder for my stylus as well as an extra pen (the S-Pen) in the tablet in case I lose the stylus. Does it get any better? :) Ok, I suppose if I could find a case with a keyboard as well, then that would be nirvana.

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 inch N8000 Tablet Slim Fit Leather Case (Black) with Stand by Supcase - Color Options: Black, Purple, Green, Deep Blue, Sapphire Blue, Deep Pink, Red, Light Blue, White, Pink, Yellow: Computers & Accessories

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I bought the USB Adapter and would hope that it would allow charging with a 6' USB cord but doesn't unless there is a setting I am missing
I am not the expert on this. But when working with wiring on my house, once it gets a certain length, it starts to lose power. My guess it's the same thing with a usb cable. After learning of the erasable S pens and alternatives, I spent much of my lunch time looking at various sites with those and also ended up looking at external batteries that will charge our tablets with a usb port. I thought it would be nice to have as I use a battery charger with extra batteries for my note phone. Maybe those external batteries that can charge the tablet would be an option for you. Some of them have a dedicated or switchable port that can rapid charge at 2.1 A which is the output marked on our Samsung charge connections. I also found a Samsung external dvd drive that works with android and runs on usb, which is how I ended up looking for a portable power source...... My Christmas list is growing!

HygradeB

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed the same thing it seem the charger is setup to give max power with that length any thing longer you loose charge.
This dont mean it wont work but that it will just take a bit longer.
With any change in cable length no matter what if an item is design to give best result in a cable of a set length making longer will give sum loses wither its volts or current.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech