64 GB micro sd card?

Loren

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I see you have a 32GB model! good deal! I returned my 16GB model. Have not had the time to get another.

So were you prompted to reformat or use the format feature shown here?
I formated the card in my old phone (running Gingerbread). Once I did that the Note 10.1 recognized the 64GB card.

Loren

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Here is a second screenshot from the Taskmanager -- 64 GB SDXC

Screenshot_2012-08-20-17-09-06.png

MitchGtz

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
This is on sale at Amazon today, Would this be okay to use?

SanDisk Ultra 64 GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card 30MB/s with Adapter SDSDQUA-064G-U46A by SanDisk

auntieamy

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
This is on sale at Amazon today, Would this be okay to use?

SanDisk Ultra 64 GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card 30MB/s with Adapter SDSDQUA-064G-U46A by SanDisk

Yes, I have this card and I was able to get it to work, but you HAVE to format it on your computer to fat32 in order for the card to mount.

First, I put the card fresh out of the package into the Note 10.1 and it said "preparing the SD card", but it never actually mounted the card, thus I couldn't format it properly in the device. I have this same card in my Galaxy S3 and all I had to do was put it into the phone and it worked immediately ... of course I went ahead and reformatted the card using the phone because it's always best to format it in the device. Anyway, I put the new card into my phone and formatted it with the phone and then tried it in the Note 10.1. By default, the Samsung S3 formats it to exfat. Again, the Note 10.1 didn't mount the card. I even called SamsungTech Support and we repeated everything, even resetting the device. Finally I read off all details of the card and the tech told me that the tablet cannot use a 64GB card - that when they say up to 64GB, they mean the TOTAL storage (internal + external) is 64GB, so I figured I was out of luck and would now have a 64GB card that I couldn't use.

I decided to look around the web again - I couldn't have been the only one that thought that it would take a 64GB card. I finally found the answer: I formatted it to fat32 on my PC (Win7-64) using the fat32 program that I downloaded here: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.exe

It formatted quickly and when I put it in the Note 10.1, it mounted and read the correct memory size. So yes, this 64GB card does seem to work. I have not yet confirmed that it will actually hold the full capacity of the card - it will take a while to copy that much data to the card to test it, but it does appear to be OK at this point.

BTW, the card is now listed on Amazon for $49 when supplied by Amazon (you have to check the additional listings on the card to get the one direct from Amazon), but it looks like it may be backordered.

kingnothing

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I formated the card in my old phone (running Gingerbread). Once I did that the Note 10.1 recognized the 64GB card.

this is what I did. Formatted in my old HTC EVO 3D, slapped the card into my tab 2.0 7"and worked perfectly. I just picked up the note 10.1 today and will be talking this 7" tab back.

Loren

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Let me get this straight. Format the 64 GB card in my GS3 or the Note 10.1?
Unless today's Note 10.1 update fixed the formatting ( I have not tested it today) - then you will need a Gingerbread device (or PC) to properly format the 64 GB SDXC.

Reactions: Kikoshi

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Also i wanted to add the happy news to everyone, backup your SDCard, and Format it in the Note 10.1 with the New Update, it allows over 4.7GB file size now :), i got a 7GB file in the card ;).
I believe the reformat is exFat ?

thanks if i helped! lol just for the luls

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just traded in my Playbook for a Deep Gray 32GB Note 10.1 which should arrive early next week. I am will do the update then. In the meantime, I am ordering my 64GB card to put in it.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

Reactions: Kikoshi

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I got my Note 10.1 on the 23rd, and I never had an update. I have searched for updates a handful of times on various wi-fi networks and it always says there isn't one available. So I don't know if they were already updated, or if it just hasn't been pushed to me yet. :confused:

Loren

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I got my Note 10.1 on the 23rd, and I never had an update. I have searched for updates a handful of times on various wi-fi networks and it always says there isn't one available. So I don't know if they were already updated, or if it just hasn't been pushed to me yet. :confused:

If you have a device (phone or tablet) with Gingerbread - that will work too.
Before the update came out that is what I did. Then after the update I re-formatted it again just to prove that it could.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome