Texting app not the same as phone?

jmk909er

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have an android phone and just bought a galaxy tablet 10.1

I notice that the tablet does not have the same texting as my android phone. I know there are other texting apps on the tablet that I can use but don't want to be using 2 different texting app systems.

Why isn't the same app available in my tablet that I have on my android phone and is there a work-around to have both devices using the same texting app?

Thanks.

zerospace-net

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It would probably be good to post what kind of phone you have, given that each manufacturer can alter main apps like the one used for texting (usually called "Messaging"). If your phone is not a Samsung running touchwiz (samsung's android overlay), chances are the included messaging app is going to look different.

You can use the same messaging app on both devices by downloading the same one to both devices from the Play Store (handcent, go sms, etc are popular choices).

One lesson to be learned here: you are rarely so limited with an android device -- choices abound for just about everything (including sending text messages ;)). Good luck!

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how old that phone is but I'm assuming it is older. Plus consider the tablet is brand new and running touch whiz so it will be different

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I would agree, if you have a Samsung phone, odds are that the apps may look similar or be the same.

Sometimes a company will license from one vendor for apps, or write them in house and apply them to all devices they have in their line-up with a specific OS. Helps when it comes to customer service and the likes.

Your LG could be using the vanilla messaging app that comes with android.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums